What version control system do you use?

I mainly use SVN, for simplicity’s sake (and required at work), but I’ve started digging into Git for larger collab projects.

I mostly use git, and even tried what can "git svn" suggest to work on svn project. Happy with it so far.

I’d like to try mercurial also, but still couldn’t find the final reason to spend some additional time to explore it.

Would be happy to get this final reason from mercurial-experienced ones :)

I’m using git for my first foray into real version control, I will admit I choose it because it had the most “publicity” and a friend said he used it and liked it. Now that I think of it that was a pretty dumb way to choose but it has worked really well, not hard to learn (even for someone who has not used another tool), easy to install and loads of info online to help with any problems you get.

I used svn and hg in the past. I’m a satisfied git user now.

Long live Git. Here are the number of topics by tags in StackOverflow:

Git x 20131

Svn × 13615

Mercurial × 4551

And unles you’ve been living under a rock the past few years, you’d have heard of Github, haven’t you? :lol:

• SVN with older projects.

• For new projects always GIT ( on bitbucket :) )

Subversion at work and git for personal projects

Git only. Don’t know, how it compares to Mercurial, but after svn usage, it’s gorgeous!))

And which repository are you using:

• GITHUB

• your own?

Hi kavitama, I’m currently using GitHub, Bitbucket and GitLab. All with Git.

For personal projects I use git with bitbucket and at work we use git with our own repository.

We use subversion at work, but plan to convert to git.

For my personal projects I use git + bitbucket.

^^ Git + Atlassian’s BitBucket indeed :) Some older repos in SVN too, but in the process of migrating those.

Git for new projects, SVN for some older ones that are already on SVN.

My favorite ones are git and mercurial. I have experience with subversion, but I really hate when I need to work on project that use subversion for source control, because it is very slow in comparation with SCM and Hg, and because it often cause conflicts, which are not really conflicts.

git, always :rolleyes:

if there is no other option, i can handle SVN also