Open-School

pls rename the folder to a single word like ‘os’ . enable php-curl.

and enable apache rewrite_module

restart ur all server services

make \protected\runtime and \assets folders writable .

pls rename the folder to a single word like ‘os’ . enable php-curl.

and enable apache rewrite_module

restart ur all server services

make \protected\runtime and \assets folders writable .

Thank you very much :) :)

i will convey this to our designing team !! :)

I have some problem while install OpenSchool in step 3 it show the error message like this :

========================

CDbException

CDbCommand failed to execute the SQL statement: SQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 1289 The ‘InnoDB’ feature is disabled; you need MySQL built with ‘InnoDB’ to have it working. The SQL statement executed was:

– Database: os_new

– Table structure for table additional_exams

CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS additional_exams (

id int(11) NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT,

additional_exam_group_id int(11) DEFAULT NULL,

subject_id int(11) DEFAULT NULL,

start_time datetime DEFAULT NULL,

end_time datetime DEFAULT NULL,

maximum_marks int(11) DEFAULT NULL,

minimum_marks int(11) DEFAULT NULL,

grading_level_id int(11) DEFAULT NULL,

weightage int(11) DEFAULT ‘0’,

event_id int(11) DEFAULT NULL,

created_at datetime DEFAULT NULL,

updated_at datetime DEFAULT NULL,

PRIMARY KEY (id)

) ENGINE=InnoDB DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8 COLLATE=utf8_unicode_ci AUTO_INCREMENT=1

C:\wamp\www\osv2.0-CE - Copy\core\db\CDbCommand.php(336)

===========================

What is the solution ?

Thanks.

That is your Mysql configuration problem

http://codex.galleryproject.org/MySQL:Enabling_InnoDB_on_Windows

I had some problem while install OpenSchool in step 3 it show the error message like this :

CDbCommand failed to execute the SQL statement: SQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 1005 Can't create table 'os_new.#sql-405_7d' (errno: 121). The SQL statement executed was:

--

-- Constraints for dumped tables

--

--

-- Constraints for table `authassignment`

--

ALTER TABLE `authassignment`

ADD CONSTRAINT `authassignment_ibfk_1` FOREIGN KEY (`itemname`) REFERENCES `authitem` (`name`) ON DELETE CASCADE ON UPDATE CASCADE

/home/riza/public_html/os/core/db/CDbCommand.php(336)

324             return $n;

325         }

326         catch(Exception $e)

327         {

328             if($this->_connection->enableProfiling)

329                 Yii::endProfile('system.db.CDbCommand.execute('.$this->getText().')','system.db.CDbCommand.execute');

330             $errorInfo = $e instanceof PDOException ? $e->errorInfo : null;

331             $message = $e->getMessage();

332             Yii::log(Yii::t('yii','CDbCommand::execute() failed: {error}. The SQL statement executed was: {sql}.',

333                 array('{error}'=>$message, '{sql}'=>$this->getText().$par)),CLogger::LEVEL_ERROR,'system.db.CDbCommand');

334             if(YII_DEBUG)

335                 $message .= '. The SQL statement executed was: '.$this->getText().$par;

336             throw new CDbException(Yii::t('yii','CDbCommand failed to execute the SQL statement: {error}',

337                 array('{error}'=>$message)),(int)$e->getCode(),$errorInfo);

338         }

339     }

341     /**

342      * Executes the SQL statement and returns query result.

343      * This method is for executing an SQL query that returns result set.

344      * @param array $params input parameters (name=>value) for the SQL execution. This is an alternative

345      * to {@link bindParam} and {@link bindValue}. If you have multiple input parameters, passing

346      * them in this way can improve the performance. Note that if you pass parameters in this way,

347      * you cannot bind parameters or values using {@link bindParam} or {@link bindValue}, and vice versa.

348      * binding methods and  the input parameters this way can improve the performance.

Stack Trace

–

/home/riza/public_html/os/protected/modules/Install/controllers/DefaultController.php(191): CDbCommand->execute()

186                 //create db schema

187                 $sql = $this->getSql($this->module->structuresPath);

188                 $sqlArr =  $this->splitQueries($sql);

189                 foreach ($sqlArr as $script) {

190                     if (preg_match('/(CREATE\s+TABLE|DROP\s+TABLE|ALTER\s+TABLE|CREATE\s+VIEW|DROP\s+VIEW)/i', $script))

191                         $result = $connection->createCommand($script)->execute();

192                 }

194                 //insert example data

195                 $dataPath = $this->module->dataPath;

196                 if (isset($_POST['example']) === true) {

+

/home/riza/public_html/os/core/web/actions/CInlineAction.php(50): DefaultController->actionStep3()

+

/home/riza/public_html/os/core/web/CController.php(300): CInlineAction->runWithParams(array("r" => "Install/default/step3"))

+

/home/riza/public_html/os/core/web/CController.php(278): CController->runAction(CInlineAction)

+

/home/riza/public_html/os/core/web/CController.php(257): CController->runActionWithFilters(CInlineAction, array())

+

/home/riza/public_html/os/core/web/CWebApplication.php(277): CController->run("step3")

+

/home/riza/public_html/os/core/web/CWebApplication.php(136): CWebApplication->runController("Install/default/step3")

+

/home/riza/public_html/os/core/base/CApplication.php(158): CWebApplication->processRequest()

–

/home/riza/public_html/os/install.php(39): CApplication->run()

35 // remove the following line when in production mode

36 defined('YII_DEBUG') or define('YII_DEBUG',true);

37 require_once($yii);     

39 Yii::createWebApplication($config)->run();

what the solution ?

completely delete your database. download the app again and try installing.

New Module

Teachers Portal

Login:teacher

Password:teacher

Hi Rajith

I just saw OpenSchool website. it is truly fantastic. Actually i am planning to develop a Attendance and Marks Management systems for engineering college. In future i want to make it a community edition also. I want to spread open source to more number of engineering colleges in Andhra Pradesh in which this will be first step. Actually how much time we need to spend on this to develop a complete solution. As i am doing my Ph.D can i complete this task. I hope depending on your experience you can suggest me

Regards

Yes you can. we took just 4 months for the first phase with a 5 member team.

Glad News!!

Our All new Community Edition (Free Version) is Releasing soon :)

Awesome.

Is there a feature comparison between the Community edition and the commercial edition somewhere?

Simply community version includes 5 basic module . Paid version with 21 modules.

For shared Host like Godaddy

all you need to do is

1 - have a copy of yii framework folder

2 - generate a new yiic webapp folder

3 - upload both folders, the framework folder can go to some hidden place yoursite.com/wawa/framework/yii, and you can just upload the files in your webapp folder to yoursite.com/

4 - edit the index.php in your generated web app, so it know where your framework/yii folder is. than you are set

5 - just make different copy of your webapp folder, so you don’t need to generate them if you dont want to. just use different names, wont make a difference, as long as the webapp index.php knows where your framework folder is, than it will work

Note: our yii folder is /core

Is there any documentation for Community version.

I’m unable to use collect fee using community version.

Thanks.

yes contact us at skype : chat.os

hi

great software.

i am reporting the error on employes manage section when we apply (present/former) status filter. Below the error detail.

CDbCommand failed to execute the SQL statement: SQLSTATE[42S22]: Column not found: 1054 Unknown column ‘is_active’ in ‘where clause’. The SQL statement executed was: SELECT COUNT(*) FROM employees t WHERE is_deleted=:ycp0 and employee_department_id = :employee_department_id and joining_date = :joining_date and is_active = :status. Bound with :ycp0=‘0’, :employee_department_id=‘5’, :joining_, :status=‘1’

I fixed. :rolleyes:

in the community edition, right?

yes in the community edition.