Best PHP tools

One should add that PHPStorm is only free if you work on OpenSource projects.

EDIT:

Guys, i’m not sure, why you vote this message down. I’m not responsible for this and i’m not involved with that project at all

I can’t find big differences between 6.8 and 6.9 final… however the FTP client of NetBeans 6.9 is MUCH better than before (it uses a tree instead of a table and it can also upload empty folders now).

I tried to use eclipse before, but I find Netbean 6.9 is much better for yii and php

vim of course, what else could you need? :)

1 Like

Always good to hear that i’m not alone ;D

1 Like

I want to try NB now. :rolleyes:

Netbeans 6.9 debugging is so good, try the new annotations feature like @propertie and many more. NetBeans 100%

interestingly nobody said anytin about zend studio, even though its slow i love it alot,

Nusphere too is pretty good <_<

Yes, NetBeans is very good. It is the only IDE we have decided to support for the Ext4Yii Framework.

NetBeans IDE is a good choice as well as you can use its code complementation with Yii framework. For debugging, I am using Xdebug. You can use it with Netbeans IDE as well.

Wow…I don’t have a Mac but I was blown away by screencasts of Textmate. Will give Netbeans a shot. Oh yes, thanks also for mentioning Compass & Doctrine. Will dive in buddy

Cheers

Currently I use Netbeans, which I believe is the best choice for php development in Linux.

I also used: Komodo, Aptana, Eclipse.

Yes, you can as “true” linux guy use vim/emacs with plugins. But I’m fully satisfied with Netbeans at this time.

For the vim users among us, please check out this topic:

http://www.yiiframework.com/forum/index.php?/topic/13459-yii-api-docs-in-vim-help-file-format

Netbeans + xdebug are pretty good both.

Now i am wondering how Netbeans + xdebug work! i tried all the options as described by netbeans & xDebug but i couldn’t get it working.

i am using NB 6.9.1 WAMP 2.1

this is my php.ini config. i tried putting it in both at the php folder and apache folder.

; XDEBUG Extension

zend_extension = "D:/wamp/bin/php/php5.3.5/zend_ext/php_xdebug-2.1.0-5.3-vc6.dll"

[xdebug]

xdebug.remote_enable = on

xdebug.profiler_enable = off

xdebug.profiler_enable_trigger = off

xdebug.profiler_output_name = cachegrind.out.%t.%p

xdebug.profiler_output_dir = "D:/wamp/tmp"

xdebug.remote_port = 9000

xdebug.remote_handler = dbgp

xdebug.remote_mode=req

xdebug.remote_host=192.168.137.2

any clue!

I used EditPad, then Dreamweaver for a short period, then checked Expression Web out, went to Eclipse and now I am totally satisfied with NetBeans.

But xdebug never worked with NetBeans here :(

i find netbeans easier to use

how different is netbeans comapred to dreamweaver

Well, I don’t know how I can compare them. That’s been a long time.

Netbeans is just better.