Best PHP tools

Netbeans, import folder "<yii folder>/framework" y code complete do your magic jeje.

finally I switched to NetBeans

Currently switching from Dreamweaver to PHPDesigner.

I use the debian mcedit editor (console based)ā€¦

NetBeans is great for Yii development!

Trying Web IDE for several months already. Itā€™s still in EAP state but is pretty stable. What I can sayā€¦ I donā€™t want to go back to NetBeans. Itā€™s faster and smarter.

Another good thing is that developers are implementing most of feature requests and closing bugs really fast. So we have a change to get IDE of our dreams by testing it and filling issues and feature requests.

This issue should be interesting http://youtrack.jetbrains.net/issue/WI-322 and it will be much more interesting if Yii community members will add some comments about what is required to actually support Yii framework.

Web IDE looks very nice. Iā€™ll wait for a stable 1.0 release and try this tool.

Thx samdark!

iā€™m using eclipse + aptana plugin + firefox ( fire bug + fire php + web developer toolbar)

Wow i didnā€™t know it. Iā€™m evaluating it but it seems great!! The only bad thing is that it isnā€™t open source as netbeans. Anyway i commented on the yii topic/issue to add yii support to the ide ;)

PDT is my favourite ::)

I find all editors very very slow for big projects (10k+ files).

the only one that works great for me is PHP Editor from WaterProof

Netbeans is great! Hereā€™s my review about using it.

Zend Studio 7.1 is the next generation of professional-grade PHP IDE

Download Zend Studio

I prefer NetBeans its good

I too use ZendStudio (at home on windows, at job on openSuse) for projectsā€¦ for fast file editing I use ultraeditā€¦

Eclipse or zend studio

currently using gEdit in my Linux

gEdit with some plugins can become a very lightweight and powerful editorā€¦ :D

I personally would go for NetBeans IDE. It is very extensible and complete for PHP development.

Gevik

Latest NetBeans release causes a lot of problems with CPU and memory consumption. 6.8 and 6.9 RC are good.

Have you tried PhpStorm?

Wow, I did not know about the PhpStorm. Thank you for the tip. I am going to see whether It can handle Ext4Yii template code completion.