Yii Themes

No-one forces you to download anything.

And you are not in a position to whine about it.

Thanks imehesz , but my question was for simcoolus. Your restriction made me go to simcoolus’s resource.

imehesz, your restrictions check user’s IP, right? I don’t download any theme from your site, but nevertheless I can’t download at all!

hello,

yes, it’s checking the IP address for now.

yesterday someone was hitting the server with a download request for 1 theme, personally I wouldn’t care, but it’s unfair to the other people who spends time developing themes ('cause this theme would show up “higher” in the list)

can you download any other themes on the site?

btw, since I applied the restriction, about 130+ themes were downloaded so I’m petty sure the download itself still works.

–iM

I think Jampire was talking about downloading from simcoolus’ site.

he clearly said

which is weird … but if they use a proxy within a building and it so happens that somebody downloads the same theme the same day, I can see how it is a problem. but I needed something to prevent "cheating"

–iM

@iM, I think you’re right. I mis-read his post. NAT behind a firewall with a public IP would hit the restriction. You could relax the restrictions to 3 per day from the same IP (just as an example). It would limit the ability to skew the download stats, but still allow for multiple people at the same company to access the site. You seem to be growing in popularity, so the odds are good that this will happen again. :)

yes, that might be a better idea. I’ll do that later this week or early next week …

thanks,

–iM

thanks

hello,

uploaded a new theme by Matt K. - Matt’s Kitchen

yiimann, your welcome!

–iM

• You no longer need to register to download the free theme

• Fixed download link as some people were unable to download…

Hello,

Upgrading server tonight, it should be back in a few hours. 12AM (EST) at the latest.

thanks,

–iM

FALSE ALARM!

No server update tonight :confused: keep downloading …

thanks,

–iM

Hello,

OK, we’re gonna try to upgrade the server again … it might be down for a little bit …

thanks for your patience!

–iM

Alright,

We are back online people. Keep downloading :)

thanks for your patience!

–iM

hello,

there was a "little hiccup" with downloading, but everything should be fixed now!

(Thanks for reporting :)

–iM

5 posts in a row… Stop bumping your topic! :angry: :rolleyes:

Seriously though, this is the 3rd or 4th time that you have posted 4+ posts in a row. You can’t make people like your website.

haha, sorry man. I usually only post when there is a new theme uploaded or we hit a bigger mark (downloaded OR visited), but people reported some issues after we moved the site to a new server and I wanted to make sure everyone know that the site is up and functioning again :)

this is my only channel of communication with the site visitors, since everything on it is FREE and you don’t need to register!

thanks for your post btw, it also moved the topic to the top again ;)

–iM

ps: if any of the forum moderators read this, please let me know if it’s unethical to post updates here. Or better yet, since this is one of the most visited Yii related site, maybe you guys should pin it ;)

I try to use the new theme "FreeArch"

i use this configuration but didn´t work

return array(

'basePath'=>dirname(__FILE__).DIRECTORY_SEPARATOR.'..',

'name'=>'My Web Application',

'theme'=>'freearch',

Is there any other configuration for use freearch theme? http://yiithemes.mehesz.net/theme/114/freearch

tnx in advice

I Solve this adding in themes\freearch\views\layouts

column1.php

column2.php

Bye ;D

hello,

really? hmmm it should work without those just fine :confused:

thank you very much!

–iM