Yii news 2020, issue 4

https://opencollective.com/yiisoft/updates/yii-news-2020-issue-4

Hello everyone!

This is the second news issue released during the quarantine. Since last time measures got tightened. Some aspects of life normalized as the world adapted, some did not. Still, as far as I know, everyone in the Yii community is healthy so far, so we’ll make it through the quarantine and aren’t going to stop doing what we’re doing.

As a PHP guy from Russia, I was organizing a PHP Russia conference, and the virus messed it up significantly. The bad thing is that it was postponed (luckily to September but who knows). The good news is that there will be a free PHP Russia Online 13th of May. You’re very welcome to participate but please register in advance. I am not speaking myself this time, but I’m pretty sure we’ll have an event dedicated to Yii by the time Yii 3 will get closer to release.

Stay healthy and thank you for the support!

:large_blue_diamond: Yii 2

Both Yii 2 and extensions got releases.

:large_orange_diamond: Yii 3

As you know if you’ve read the last news issue, a bird-view of the most important Yii 3 plans is in a Trello board.

Now to what was done.

Constructive feedback on any Yii 3 packages is very welcome. Leave it in the issues of the package in question, or at the forum.

:orange_book: New and adjusted internal guidelines:

:books: Reading recommendations

Foundation

COVID-19 postponed the implementation of interesting ideas about getting extra income for Yii fund and worsened my financial situation so I have to do some extra commercial consulting in order not to take more from the foundation and be able to support contributors who are affected more.

With the help of the foundation, we have secured more of roxblnfk and Wilmer Arambula development time and plan to expand it.

At the OpenCollective page we have clarified expense policy:

Feel free to expense time you’ve spent according to Yii Software goal i.e. support, promote and develop Yii and other OpenSource software with a focus on Yii framework.

• Anyone contributing to Yii can use it. Priority is given to people who are contributing a lot and with a clear plan instead of doing a commercial job i.e. hurting regular income.
  • Sum can’t exceed what’s in the current foundation considering others.
  • The core team should be told about it in advance.
  • Hours should be logged.

No person may be favored by expenses alien to the goals of the Yii Software or disproportionately high.

:heart: Thank you!

I’d like to thank all backers and contributors making Yii 3 possible. We are moving it forward together.

:+1: Special thanks for Yii 3 code contributions goes to:

6 Likes