Yii 1.1 Application Development Cookbook

ordered, will get it tomorrow

Ok thanks for posting this, I’ll place my order at Amazon

I ordered today on PacktPub… and no error…

Ordered here because there is 10% discount and no shipping for my country… on amazon I would have to pay more + shipping

OK, it seems that they’re going to sort this out for me.

I got this reply:

Ordered at packtpub.com without any problems.

Thanks for your good work :slight_smile:

Excellent book, love the examples. Just got your first 5 star review on Amazon ;)

Hi Samdark,

I bought both your Cookbook and the first Yii book (Agile Development) at Packt.

Which do you recommend to read first as a beginner to Yii? Just looking at the Table of Contents, your book seems to have a better structure for starting out and understanding… But the Amazon userreview said its better to first start with the Agile book.

I would love your thoughts on that!

Thanks,

Jeroen

I recommend starting with Agile Development since cookbook requires some previous Yii experience.

Alternatively you can start with official Yii guide and blog tutorial and the move to books.

Thanks for the advice!

Great

I personally prefer the cookbook, because with the agile you develop an application step by step, but in the cookbook you learn about every component, and thats clear things up.

So I think you just should try to start both, and see what’s works for you ;)

I already bought my copy (ebook version), and just downloaded it from packt. I had also previously purchased the Agile Development book. I learned tons from that book and I am looking forward to learning from this one as well.

Nice job by the way on the book’s site and love the errata page. That is very helpful to have feedback from the author and known typos posted somewhere to refer to. Great job sir!

Could you please add dates (Eg. "Date added") to the Errata page?

That way if I check your page in a few weeks, I see which ones are new without having to check all erratas… :)

Thanks

Jeroendh

Will add this info for new errata or at least will mark it somehow.

I just bought this book as ebook for just 9.59 EUR at Packt Publishing. Very good price, for me as student that is a good plus. Maybe this low price is only temporarily for october.

Before I looked into Yii I spent about a week with Kohana. It looks also like a pretty good framework, but because Yii is much better documented and has a bigger and also friendly community I’m now here :D

I also work with the book Agile Web Development book. At chapter 5 now.

The printed book for a reviewer was sent to me the other day. Thank you for this nice book, and I am sorry to miss some errata.

This book is so useful, that I would like it to be sold in Japan… As many of the Japanese engineers can read, but do not want to read English books, I wish we would have Japanese Yii books in order to spread Yii world here in Japan.:lol:

mocapapa

Will be great if someone will translate the book.

Great book, thank you samdark. :)

waw, it’s such a great book. :D

it’s useful, thanks

Can i use this as a learning tutorial?