Yii 1.1 Application Development Cookbook

Just created book support website: http://yiicookbook.org/

Do you like it? Any ideas about how it can be improved?

It’s very fast!

This is great news, cant wait for it to come out!

Just bought the RAW ebook. Hopefully it’s good :)

I like the book so far. Will there be an update to the RAW version before the print version is ready?

As I know, full book will be available this week.

Good work samdark!

The current state is - assuming that the reader is a Yii-developer - fine by me (as a Yii-developer), but I was hoping there would be some chapters about custom modules, custom modules with separate autentication, autentication, RBAC and common Yii extensions just to name a few.

If possible, please advise the reader to create a sample app and check out the demos before reading the book ;)

I’m looking forward to reading the rest of the book.

Cheers!

The book covers modules (chapter 8) and RBAC (chapter 10).

Separate auth isn’t covered. I can suggest looking at Gii source code.

Brilliant! After checking out the TOC I wasn’t sure what would be included in the rest of the chapters.

If possible, could you blog about creating a separate/same authentication best practises for public vs. admin UI. I think that would a great wiki article for the community.

Cheers!

Added to my todo list but don’t expect it too soon, this list is kinda long already.

You have an errata on your site: Alexander Makarov is an experienced web developer and a passionate memeber of Yii framework core team.

Thanks. Fixed.

I have got email:

any news around when the rest of the book will be available

I was able to download it today at the Packt Publisher Site (Downloads in My Account). I guess it is the final version. What I have seen so far from the new Chapters is very promising. Well done, samdark

I thought packt were going to send an email notification about this

The book is released. Added foreword and some other sections to its website: http://yiicookbook.org/

Will announce properly a bit later.

thanks for your hard work, gonna buy it tomorrow :D

Exactly the same for me. And it charged my money.

I don’t have a clue why, I asked for explanation from PackPub.

I am very disappointed now, not about the book, but about PacktPub: I payed for the item and they’re just cancelling the order. I hope they’re gonna fix it.

I also ordered the ebook and I can download that without any problems. For reading I prefer the paper book, though.