Yii 1.1.8 is released

I am very new to this community and just started looking at these news. It’s very greate that the development team is doing really very great job. I am from india and want to spread yii here. I am very convinced to use it after completing the demonstration explained in definitive guide. Please help me to spread awareness of yii among the students getting graduation in CS.

Congrates to development team.

Again i would like to contribute to translate the documentation in HINDI, GUJARATI and MARATHI language (indian). Please guide me.

Santosh Sadguru

Start translating it and when you’ll have some documents ready contact me. I’ll give access to documentation repo.

Nice!

it is very nice!

Good job, Yii framework has an incredible performance, and… continue to work always aware of the issues of performance.

Bye!

Firstly, Congradulations! Thanks!

with the version 1.1.8, get an error:

htmlspecialchars(): Invalid multibyte sequence in argument in framework\\web\\helpers\\CHtml.php on line 66.

Please help!

It’s very bad form to issue support request in an announcement topic… Use the Help forum.

I really like to work with yii and there are really some good new features in this version.

Does anyone know when release 2.0 is coming?

From download page:

Can’t wait for 2.0 but you’ve done a really great job so far :)

Just a small question…

Will you still maintain the 1.1.x series? On shared hosts, we don’t really have control over which PHP version we have to deal with. Mine seems stuck to 5.1.x.

By the way, I am a total newbie to Yii and I have been all over the web site, documentation sections and forum, reading and learning. I sincerely thank you for what you are giving us.

I’m sure I’ll be back with some questions but the docs are so exhaustive…

Again, thank you very much for the hard work.

Yes, we will still maintain 1.1.x as we are fully aware that not every user can use PHP 5.3. Welcome to Yii!

I would like to start with Yii 1.1.8, but after reading that 2.0 won’t be compatible with 1.1. Will there be a migration process to 2.0? Or should we wait for 2.0 and then start making the website? Cheers.

If you are going to wait, be prepared to grow a really long beard… ;)

Start with Yii 1.1.8 now - and don’t worry about the potential upgrade in some point in the future.

You probably won’t perform a major upgrade on an existing project anyway…

Hello,

When did you plan the 1.1.9 release ?

Thanks for your great job

I am very pleased by the work you guys have carried out. I have enjoyed developing in Yii and have found the framework to be very compelling. Kudos!

Congratulations

Yii team keep up

Thanks

Pravin

Thanks for new release :rolleyes:

Finally decided to upgrade from 1.1.6, and found that I don’t remember my webserwer ftp-pass. :blink:

Congratulations !!

thanks to development team for every effort put in Yii framework.

great work folks

i wish to join the long list of "congratulators"… i am really enjoying (and learning from) Yii. great work!

just received the book of Alexander Makarov, that should be Samdark, if i’m not wrong: very nice reading. thank you!

:)