we are waiting YII 2

I’ve seen that with Laravel 4. A lot of code was publicly shared on Github and the forums and IRC got hammered with questions about new features and code and people were instantly ranting about certain changes without knowing “the big picture” yet. While this can be helpful when your goal is to create some buzz about your new framework (it certainly helped Laravel in this respect - heck, people even wrote Nettuts+ tutorials using alpha code!) it can be very distracting when your goal is to create a stable and solid base. And there will be a lot of time to chime in with new ideas when alpha is finished. The lesson learned: Don’t tell people that you are working on something unless you are almost finished. You’ll surprise them and save your sanity

:lol:

agree with this sentence !

I agree with most of you in the sense that Yii2 development is on the right track in its policy.

"With many captains on board, a boat may climb a mountain" says a Japanese saying.

As much of our experience tells, we should keep the team as small as possible to produce a good thing, especially in its early stage.

And, most of all, I’m busy playing and working with Yii 1.1.x.

And if you couldn’t convince your clients/bosses to save some budget for unit tests up until now than this is the perfect opportunity: Well tested code will be a lot less painful to migrate to Yii 2 and the app will be future proof.

is there any documentation for Yii 2?

It’s right here

https://github.com/yiisoft/yii2/blob/master/docs/guide/index.md

http://stuff.cebe.cc/yii2docs/

Thank you very much ORey!

8 issues left until beta release, but some are getting solved, new ones are opened

how long do we have to wait? :)

Beta is scheduled for release on April 13th.

So happy to hear that a potential beta is scheduled for Apr 13!!! I was just signing on to say how sad I was that the alpha was hanging on for so long. Ive been holding off on redoing a business partner’s site as I really want to do it in Yii, dont want to make it in Yii 1.*, but I really really loved my experience with Yii 1! I am, or was, determined to do this in Yii 2, since Ive been hearing about it for almost 2 years now.

If the beta release does not come out soon, Im afraid I am going to have to do this site in Laravel. I dont want to. But I have to get started because Ive been telling my business partner (ie my wifey) that I will make her site “soon” for over a year. So yah, cheers to beta release this month. If its not out by May, Ill unfortunately be leaving the Yii community :(.