I had posted this topic in Miscellaneous by the request of Yii mamber fouss to discuss wiki article Organize directories for applications with front-end and back-end using WebApplicationEnd behavior as he has some question/doubt
I just wanted to say that the way kiskp and hnam descried to create a theme is not like a standard yii theming.
Because if you make like they said it simply move you protected/view folder to theme folder and all your view file should be in this theme folder… that is not a theme.
Do you see what I mean?
No fouss,
what they said is just like theming, as kiskp said that are only view files as you can see.
the controller and model files/folder will not change, if you want to use any theme you had to change in config file like [color=#222222][font=Menlo, Consolas,]‘theme’=>‘classic’ or ‘theme’=>‘mytheme’ …[/font][/color]
You’re right about saying “it’s like theming” but it is not.
So is there a way to make real theming using this directory organisation?
in most of systems we had same structure as different theme folders ( e.g wordpress ) generally on root folder …
and what is [color="#1C2837"][size="2"]real theming???[/size][/color]
[color="#1C2837"] [/color]
[color="#1C2837"][size="2"]Please share if you had better idea…[/size][/color]
When I say "real theming" I mean the way it is made with yii as usual.
Yes i got what you want to say,
but i m just saying that plz share if you had any other structure/idea to make theming better
or
plz share why you think to change/update current structure… …
Hi!
Two questions:
-
Did anyone combine this with the rights extension? How do you guys handle identical controller names on different endpoints, but different right access rules?
-
How do you create urls between endpoints? For example a link from back to front?
BR
Sebastian
Hi!
Thanks for a great article. I’m new to Yii, and have successfully set up a separation between backend/front following your article.
I have one problem.
When I link to internal pages by setting controller/action, they all igonre the backend/-part of the url.
Can I set this up in back.php (config), so that every url generated in backend, routes to backend/controller/action?
If I go to url backend/controller/action, I get correct view, but when links are generated, they are wrong.
No problems when creating the menu, since I just add "backend" to the link, but when I use CGridView (ie), there are a lot of autogenerated urls.
Hope someone can help:) Thanks!
Hi!
Just got it to work. Had to move the front-routing from main.php to front.php.
My bad:)
There a couple of comments on the wiki about problems with urls in the backend but no solution. Everything seems to work until I add the lines to the back configuration file.
‘urlManager’=>array(
'urlFormat'=>'path',
'showScriptName'=>false,
'rules'=>array(
'backend'=>'site/index',
'backend/<_c>'=>'<_c>',
'backend/<_c>/<_a>'=>'<_c>/<_a>',
),
),
Results in the error Property "CWebApplication.urlManager" is read only.
Any way to fix this?
faced with two problems when sharing BackEndController (www.yiiframework.com/wiki/63) and
yii-user-management:
- I can not close the class RegistrationController extends YumRegistrationController
(github.com/thyseus/yii-user-management/blob/master/user/docs/registration.txt#L42)
- not connected layout when entering the user/user/admin
(github.com/thyseus/yii-user-management/blob/master/user/docs/install_tutorial.txt#L119)