Stay.com

Nice! Do you use ActiveRecord? I have a strong bias against ActiveRecord when using it with large datasets. Prove me wrong :)

Yes ActiveRecord is used extensively. Large data set is fine for web page since only a small subset is needed at most times. It does fall over if you need to pull all records at once, e.g. in command line jobs.

twtech

There is a trick: you can use pure SQL to get records and them instantiate AR objects when needed and kill them after they are used. Saves time and memory for console apps.

very nice design, also the function!

Hope that the muli-language will come out early! :rolleyes:

Looks great guys, definitely is one of the best looking sites I’ve ever seen, as powered by a popular PHP Framework. Definitely head & shoulders above CakePHP et al

This is one of those "Holy Shit Idea!" website! Congrats!

All I can say is WOW!!! I’m very impressed… This is awesome!!!

Very nice website… I am newbie and very excited to start learning about Yii :)

How did you manage the content for this website? do you build CMS alike admin panel? is it easy to build using Yii?

Thanks

I liked it enough to tell my office about it. Congrats. Did you use Yii technology to import all that content from somewhere?

awesome!!!!

mind to share how much does this site cost you?? :D

can you tell us what extensions you use to make this kind of classifield ?

Hi !

What is average select qty per page?

Any ideas?

Jay_69 it’s relatively pointless to measure select qty per page. Website can work faster with more selects and vice versa.

The question was not about the speed but logic. It’s more relative to the qty of objects per page and qty of requests they produce.

As for the speed I agree one hundred percent one depends on many other reasons.

Cheers.

Very nice ;)

Great work :)

Do you use some extension for gmap ?

Very nice site indeed. Thanks a lot for sharing some insights.

Btw, did you use any extension for the fb login?

Could you please explain how you accomplished such a seemingless fb integration?

Thanks and best regards, Bruiser

Very Nice! :lol:

Very boss! The site is slick and I tested a few locations like Miami and Chicago and was thoroughly pleased by the user interface experience and overall performance. Let’s get the word out!

The site is best representation of Yii possibilities! Very nice site.