Printing my Yii pages produces full url links.

Good Morning Yii Community,

My name is Joshua Copeland and I am a PHP/MYSQL Developer in Las Vegas. I have been coding for about 4 years but just now started jumping into frameworks. This is my first framework that I have really dedicated a project to and so far I am very impressed with the Yiic shell script and the Gii interface.

I am used to coding top to bottom from scratch but recently ran into a 2000 line system I built that became every unmanageable. I am starting the project now in Yii and have got most of the Yii generated stuff done for the site. I purchased the book "Agile Web Application Development with Yii 1.1 and PHP5" by Jeffery Winesett. It is a pretty good book and covers most of the basics and I do like the unit testing included in it!

The first issue I ran into thus far on my project is when I printed a report. Check this out… I do not think this is a system setting (running Win 7) but once I print my Yii page, it prints out anything that is a link with its full URL in parenthesis. I printed it in Chrome, IE, FF, Opera, and Safari with NO LUCK. I used my local printer and a PDF printer generator and still no luck. Is this something within the Yii system that does this or am I being a total newbie somehow.

Anyway so far I really like the system and I hope I can successfully complete this project with Yii.

-Joshua Copeland

I found out why… Theres is a CSS style sheet called print.css

theres a line that says

a:link:after, a:visited:after {content:" (" attr(href) ")";font-size:90%;}

DELETE THAT LINE TO GET RID OF URLS BEING PRINTED

>.<