Php 5.6

PHP 5.6 is out. I’m testing my simple Yii 2 project and for the moments it works like a charm. I had to download xdebug from pecl.php.net/package/xdebug instead of xdebug.org as I was unable to find a version for php5.6.

I’ll post news if something will not work.

EDIT:

In order to get composer working I had to download the cacert.pem file from http://curl.haxx.se/ and set up the openssl.cafile=all\path\long\cacert.pem

Thanks for sharing.

Yii2 works great with php 5.6, i have just updated from 5.5.12 to 5.6 on windows and i have noticed about 40% increase in performance when you retrive large set of active record instances.

Edin.

Hi all.

Now I am solving a dilemma. My old project (Yii 1.1.16) is running on PHP 5.2.6 and as we are upgrading our server, I want to use a newer PHP version. I want my server to be able to run Yii1 and Yii2 projects so I need at least PHP 5.4. But can I use 5.5 or 5.6? Will both Yii1 and Yii2 be compatible with mentioned versions? Or is it just up to me?

Generally I want to use the most up-to-date version of PHP (Apache and Mysql) that will work well.

Can you help, please?

PHP 5.6 has really great features and yii latest version also supports it that is the best part.Web development is getting faster and more secure now with the PHP latest versions.