Opera 11 finally better than Firefox

Horseshit - go to http://www.browserscope.org/ and look at the Modernizer graph:

Chrome is at the top, followed by Opera and Safari, IE 10, and then Firefox.

I am talking about HTML5-readiness.

I used to like Firefox and accept it slowness… but every release there is more slowness, bloat and instability… their new version-system messes up my extensions (the only real advantage of firefox)… you are constantly bothered with update-messages, checking compatibility of add-ons, etc

I’ve now switched to Chrome as primary browser and I use firefox as a development enviroment… because firebug is still unbeaten. A restart every hour is required, but I can live with that. When you start Chrome, it’s there almost instantly, while Firefox can take op 30 sec before it loads… too bad, I’ve used it for 10 years but it really looks like it’s coming to an end… users want simplicity, speed and reliability… Firefox can’t deliver it anymore…

After reading following article “Critical security hole in current version of Opera” I consider to switch back to Firefox. Opera didn’t fix a critical security hole, which was reported last year :o And still no info about this on their security blog.

Edit: version 11.52 closes this security hole, and report on their blog here. Now I’m still a Opera user.

You’ll find this weird but weirdly IE10 is very good. IE’s improvements have been in the right direction with a focus on css/xhtml rendering and html5. But it also supports hardware acceleration and is very good on the memory usage. I still use firefox though and although ff7 was meant to address the memory issue I can’t see any huge difference although it does feel a bit more stable.

Mike,

According to my Polish Wikipedia (never read English version) under "Firefox" article, browser with that name officially appeared at 9 July 2004. So, it would be rather hard for you to use it since ten years! :]

That’s a joke of course. And seriouslly – I hate Firefox so much, that I event spent a few hours to write down all its sins in long, never published article! :] I wanted to try Chrome, but either I’m (or my system) extremely lucky or I found in it some small, yet really pissing of bugs. Like not being able to import my Firefox bookmarks (finally did that after about month since first install) or now – keeping my old, not any more valid, logins and passwords for various sites, even though I’m deleting them (from context menu and from browser configuration).

Small, but irritating, so I decided to say "Thank you" without even deeper trying and for now Opera since to be the only reasonable choice. At least for me.

FireFox and Chrome are buggy.

I wonder if it has anything to do with the much faster release cycle?

I bet it does. ;)

I have a hard time choosing between Opera, IE or Safari…

But, as a webdeveloper, I don’ have to: I need to use them all. :P

Chrome buggy? Didn’t have any big issues… I use it fully updated on windows and linux and didn’t cross any bugs :). But I remember the time when Chrome was not importing bookmarks at all, several months back.

For all the great tools these browsers have, we can’t ask them to be bugless ^^.

Now I use chrome instead of firefox, it’s more stable and faster. But Opera and Safari seems great alternatives.

I use Opera for everyday browsing, although I hardly use any of the extras like Opera Turbo, Opera Mail, the BitTorrent client, widgets, Opera Unite,…

The only things I do use is Opera Link and two extensions FastestTube and ImgTip.

For developing I also use Firefox + Firebug because Opera Dragonfly doesn’t show the AJAX requests as nice as Firebug does.

Firefox started to suck since version 3.6 when it started to consume relentlessly my system resources. Just at the time that Chrome was released for Mac. Since then, Chrome is the choice.

I love firefox but seriously, it went above 1 million K memory each time I developed something. firebug is probably a big reason. And Chrome is just so fast O_

I usually use Chrome and Firefox.

and one thing is when functionality/design runs on every browser( even in alien technology… :) ) , I don’t know why the Internet Explorer can’t understand … … … , I just hate IE.

I used to use Opera, and it’s a great browser but I love the simplicity of chrome/chromium. It still serves as my main email client as it is better than most I have tried for Windows. A lot of the extra features are awesome.

IE from 9 onwards is bearable - I use it a little at work as I sometimes use a machine that is not mine. Yes we all know it has it’s issues but it’s not as bad as it once was. Certainly not deserving hate anymore (though if it is your default browser you still need to have a good long look at yourself and see where you went wrong #conflicted)

Though I mainly use chrome, I sometimes fire up something else just for a change of scenery - konqueror anyone!

I used to be an 'oogle Chrome user like you. Then I took an 'irefox in the knee.

Back at Firefox because of addons. Speed and sync improvements are a bonus.