Open Source Yii CMS - GXC CMS

Changed php.ini setting from:

error_reporting = E_ALL * E_STRICT

to:

error_reporting = E_ALL ^ E_STRICT

Works now :)

Thanks for the quick reply dude!

Hello guys…i checked out your demo and it looks very nice!!! I know that your project is open source but i would like to know if i can use your cms as base to write my own CMS.?

I know that i can enter to the team to help the GXC be better but i dont want the compromise because i just work with php in my free time. My idea is to build my own cms using yours as base and when i finish my version 1.0 i will make it open and you can get anything you want from mine cms to yours, ok? Is there any problem for you?

Thank you very much and good work guys,

Matheus.

Really nice CMS. Simple, clean and neat UI and features. By far my favourite Yii CMS so far. Looking forward to future developments.

Hello,

Nice work on this CMS !!! :D

Just wondering how I could add more than 2 languages to the project <_<

great!!

hi.

i have downloaded GXC CMS and set backend …how i use frontend menu?

How i code "menu_block_output.php" in our Open Source Yii CMS - GXC CMS ?

Help me

@Rajith:

Sent you PM bro.

Thanks Bro.

The Wiki Page, "Create your first project site with GXC CMS"

has been deleted by holyxing

Was this intentional ?

It’s weird bro. That guy is not in my team. Hm, github has been hacked these days. For backup installation guide, you can try with this : http://issues.gxccms.com/projects/gxccms/news/show/3

I want to know where can i download the code?Thank you!

I wish I had checked back here earlier !!! Thanks for the quick reply, seriously.

Never the less, after about an hour and a half I figured it out.

I’m using the sample project content along with core found on your github

using common\data\data.sql found in the sample.

Now forgive me for being dumb here but I’m not sure what the default password is.

In the db - user I have {{password}} {{password_salt}}

I then went ahead to do a basic sha1($pass.$salt)

User name: admin

Password: 123456

Salt: ;_<-CUEj/GXFDTz1-7o<ipaqn2GOV1±j8.9oh!JaK]

DB entry:

Pass: fed8bff22573344371c1e5e40d82fae2f80113ab

Salt: /ti/8iVzNENxweXkDYL64vgBE6s=

Still no joy…

I presume I wasn’t suppose to just import the data.sql file.

@天佑饭饭: You can download the project from github:

Core: https://github.com/nganhtuan63/GXC-CMS

Sample: https://github.com/nganhtuan63/Sample-Project

@Reconix: You can follow the guide from here:

http://issues.gxccms.com/projects/gxccms/news/show/3

For your problem, you just need to modify the DB info in config file

• In file Common/config.php

Browse to line 90 and change Database Information

Instead of importing sql file, you can run

http://localhost/sample/backend/beinstall/run to install Database script to start!

Hope this help :) !

@mr80 & @Tri Nguyen:

Hey guys, so I understand the default user is…

username: admin

password: 123456

Unfortunately I couldn’t find a way to change the username through the backend.

So then I created a new user, but couldn’t find an option to change the role (defaults to Reporter).

Are these features that you want to add to the cms? Did I miss something?

I’ve decided to try and build my blog/personal website on top of GxC so in the next couple of weeks I’ll be looking at your cms very carefully :) Also been wanting to start contributing to open source projects, I’ve never used/contributed in Git but have some experience managing a medium-sized project in my company with Mercurial and Bitbucket (3 members in our team).

Do you have any instructions on how one could contribute to your project? Something like the workflow wiki for Yii on Github?

Keep up the goodness! :D

Also when trying to add an image using the ckeditor I get a "Error 400 The Csrf Token could not be verified".

I know you guys are working on revamping the resource manager. Do you intend to get rid of the image upload on ckeditor?

jc

hi,

help me…

i want to create menu in frontend

How i code "menu_block_output.php" ??

This seems to be really cool. Thanks for sharing:) You guys must have spent alot of time on this.

@Sampa:

Thank you bro! Ya, We spent about 7 months for the first version of this cms.

@Rajith R, @Jenengku dayat:

I have committed the new Menu Block in SAMPLE CODE, you can check it for getting menu items and render them in menu_block_output. I don’t write recursive function here cause I think it’s not necessary for now.

@jcsmesquita:

I implemented an image uploader besides ckeditor to embed to the content. You can check with the latest source.

A new guy in my team has done with gii for generating Blocks, Content Types and Layouts. He has finished Comment part also and I am going to merge it into master branch after review.

We still haven’t time to write docs for this CMS. It’s too busy here. If you guys have any question, please post it here, we will try to answer a.s.a.p and then I will re-collect the info for document.

Nice day and happy coding guys! ^^

@mr80

thanks for the feedback! :) will check it out later