IDE for Yii development

收下来,回家安装!

NUSphere’s PHPEd (commercial) is unbeatable with built in debugger.

With NUCoder (PHP product family) it’s my choice #1 for professional PHP development and deployment.

NetBeans have large memory footstep, ergo too slow on large projects. XDebug is sometime hard to get running especially if you have to compile PHP from sources… Also debugger GUI is kind of unfriendly compared to NUSphere’s (local tab, global tab, immediate evaluation) and also is much faster than XDebug.

Cheers

Lubos

On Ubuntu I’m happy with Geany altough it’s not a IDE, it’s an editor.

i am also using netbeansIDE

Agree with this. Netbeans looks fantastic, but it’s pretty heavy. :(

Used NetBeans for about 6 months on OS X 10.6. They did an amazing job retooling NetBeans last few years.

But I switched over to PhPStorm about a year ago to try it out. Never looked back.

I am using PhpStorm wich product is JetBrain. And it is really amazing.

First I used eclipse and it was OK… then I used Netbeans and it was even better… currently I use PhpStorm and it’s great.

Using Eclipse and I’m very satisfied.

Works great, auto-complete, phpdoc, etc.

I’m also using Firebug

Wait until you try Eclipse then…

Netbeans is very light, actually. For all it does.

Nothing beats that IDE - hands on the best. :)

My 2 cents… I am using phpStorm also, a commercial IDE from JetBrains, but at a reasonable price IMO. There is a lot to it that I have not gotten the chance to explore yet, so I won’t go into detail about the strengths and weaknesses. But I like the idea that most of what I learn with phpStorm can transfer to development with other languages (e.g., Ruby, Python, Java, C++) through using the IntelliJ Idea Ultimate and add-ins (which I am just trying out now in their trial version) or one of their other language specific versions. Also, I like the fact that it is cross-platform, even for Linux. So I am hoping that this IDE will be around for a while (I think that there is a good chance for that) and will be the last development IDE that I will need to spend time learning. I know there can be a good productivity boost in an IDE with the right features, but it takes a while to get comfortable and productive with the features in an IDE, especially a sophisticated one.

I also use NetBeans when I develop in Linux, as there it is integrated into the QuickStart platform for debugging that I mentioned in another post. In that instance, it is so nice to be able to debug PHP code in as straightforward a manner as I do with C++, but that is not necessarily dependent on any certain IDE. The way that it works with NetBeans makes it really easy, though.

Used to work with Aptana Studio switched to Sublime Text 2 though.

I can just recommend it, cut down my development time quite a bit.

rho

I looked at their site, does the Windows version require JDK? I like using a Linux VM when I’m doing a project, and the Linux version requires JDK.

How did you enabled autocompletion for Yii components in Sublime Text 2?

You don’t. Sublime Text 2 is not really an intellisense-driven IDE.

However, there is no need to if you add the yii directory to the project and install the CTags extension.

Then you can look up all the symbols and that’s pretty handy.

There is fuzzy completion, but it’s not like autocomplete with code-insight.

Personally, I really don’t need it.

I am more interested in a ultra-fast editing environment - and using CTags for browsing symbols is great.

I can have the code I’m working on in one pane, and the file where the definition is on the other pane.

However, there is also a Yii snippets extension which is really handy.

Going to save you a load of time. ;)

Check this out:

It’s the main reason why I’m practically sold on that sublime editor. :)

exactly the same with me: used eclipse php for about 4-5 years, netbeans for 1 year, switched to phpstorm one month ago and can assure: after getting to know phpstorm i surely never will go back to neither eclipse nor netbeans.

never had been so accelerated in developement processs by an ide before. also the ide performance on large scale projects like magento is really good.

if you do not want to invest in a commercial ide like phpstorm (although for me it was worth every cent) i would recommend netbeans over phpeclipse due to performance reasons.

As we both, with jacmoe, talked in different thread, switch to Sublime is just a matter of time for me.

I’m really suprised that there are so many Netbeans-lovers here and no one actually pointed out it’s biggest pain. It is incredible slow! As every Java-written software, though.

I used Netbeans for over two years, but finally I decided its time has passed by. I just simply can’t accept the fact, that on dual-core/4 GB laptop, with Windows 7 and nothing else running in background (except for Apache of course) I have to wait 5-10 seconds between double click in project tree and file being finally opened. That is a nightmare!

Plus: many stupid bugs. Opening UTF-8 files as garbage, if file comes out of project tree, too extended (to many options and params) and not working tabs/intend system, sometimes writing garbage instead of UTF-8 (one of my project would be ruin, if I wouldn’t use SVN for even localhost projects, because one day by Netbeans decided that it will write all the files, I edit in some non-UTF-8 garbage; had to revert every changes made that day).

But these are things that may happen and may not. Some people may even ignore them. I think, I would ever finally get used to it. But the extremal slowness of this piece of software is beyond my exceptations.

Maybe it is because a lot of people switch to netbeans coming from IDEs with even worse performance. For me switching from php eclipse to netbeans it seemed as a real performance increase.

But I agree: compared to the commercial IDE I am using now, netbeans really seems a little weak (not only for performance issues)

PS: also experienced charset trouble using netbeans.