Getting some piece of advice from all cool, expert guys!

Hello

When 3 years ago one of my friends advised me to learn Yii, I didn’t know how lucky I am! And Now I need an other precious advice! I’m going to start my immigration two months later. The first necessity of an immigrant is job. Here in Iran we do not have that much skilled developers and I am one of them!

I want you to give me some piece of advice:

• What should I learn more than Yii and Yii2?

What I know right now?

• PHP, Yii, JQuery, Bootstrap

Where is my destination?

• California, San Diego

JavaScript (not only jQuery), HTTP, Linux, how to deal with concurrent requests and load, DDD, unit/functional testing, software design overall.

I mentioned just some of my main skills, I know java script, HTML, Linux , etc. One of my goals is learning Yii2, but I also like to learn develop a single paged Yii application.

• Does Yii supports single page applications? Is there any single page Yii templates available (may be Yii+angular or Yii + ?)

• I mean is it rational to learn a new skill (single page or …) or it’s better for me to learn yii2 thoroughly?

In a nut shell in Iran, learning Yii + jQuery + Bootstrap is more than enough, but I do not have any vision about USA!

Yii 2.0 has pjax support so it simplifies building SPAs. In some cases like stay.com I’m working on, behavior is non-standard so you have to manually implement it by using history API and XMLHttpRequest.

There are tutorials about it. Check archive of http://yiifeed.com/ for links.

It’s rational to learn all the time if you’re choosing IT career. The more you know the better.

Hi Samdark,

How to deal with concurrent requests and loads ? I got the same issue yesterday.

It’s different in each case and depends very much on the project. Set up monitoring, try adding more hardware and tuning first, try adding missing DBMS indexes. If it doesn’t work well, start checking nginx as load balancer.