[Extension] Bbii Forum

Thanks for the compliment. And thanks for making a suggestion to improve the module.

Hi,

I have tried to use this module (ver1.0), and there are some css compatiablity issues with IE8

the background-size, table-cell in forum.css, don’t work well with IE8

you can easily find the css issue when opening the demo site in IE8

thanks

It is the other way around. IE8 has compatibility issues with CSS display:table-cell.

Fortunately, only 5.6% still use IE8.

I admit I did not test the module with IE8. For those who are in a position that IE8 is still important it is good to be aware of this and they might need to edit the theme they are using for the module.

Thanks for sharing.

I am looking forward to use the forum on a multiaccount environment.

If a user is not on a given account should not be able to see the forums related to the account.

How do you suggest to approach this?

Thanks in advance!

Hi friends… 1st of all sorry for my english :D im doing my best xD

I succesfully installed the forum in my site but i want to render it with my main site layout. How can i do that?

Can you guys help me?

The module does not come with its own layout, so when the Yii application is the layout of your main site you are already set. When it is not, you need to change the layout of of your Yii application. When you actually mean the theme of the forum you need to download the manual and read the last chapter on theming of BBii.

i did it!!

With this in every view $this->layout=’//layouts/aesmain’;

(AESMAIN) is my site layout

I was trying with this… xDD

$this->layout=‘aesmain’;

Thank u pal!!

Ah, now I see what you meant. I think I did not fully understand your question the first time.

There is a layout defined in components/BbiiController.php. When you change that you do not need to change it in all views. I will add that information to the documentation.

Hello,

I want to say about "moderation" bag.

In user info screen you show all posts from user. But same of it may not moderated at this moment. I think it not correct.

You will need to show only post with attribute approved=1 at /member/view/id/number.

Thanks for reporting that bug.

Hi,

Kudos to the author of this module.

I’ve integrated this module to our website and got everything to work but I haven’t fully explored the module yet, only done the basic parts when creating the forum site. So my question is, can there be more than one admin to the forum site? How and where can we configure it?

Thanks.

There is a manual that you can download.

When you use yii’s rbac you can create the role ‘admin’ and assign it to other users.

You can also use rbac to create the role ‘moderator’ and assign that role to users. The module also allows you to assign moderator authorization (without using rbac) within the confines of the module.

When you do not use rbac it is not possible to assign multiple admins (without changing the code). When you insist on changing the code you will need to change the function isAdmin() in the BbiiController.php script.

care to put it on Github? Also any progress for Yii2

I plan to launch a serious forum and looking ata available forums I see issues to work with Yii site.

So rather than dealing with PHPBB3 integration issues, I would like to invest my time on this project.

Also there is nice Editor called redactorjs that is better and Yii have free license for it

I have no plans to put anything on Github. A version of this extension for Yii2 will be made some day, but not very soon, at least not by me.

Ok! I just started my own version for Yii2 based on yours and would like to know how my user model interacts with Bbii’s since I get

Unsetting an unknown or read-only property: yii\web\User::BbiiTopic_page

Which is correct, my user Model does not have it!

Awesome extension.

It would easy to contribute to this extension if you can please put it on github.

It seems original author is not willing to do so, so I thought I would port to Yii2 and put that version on github. Are you yet on Yii2

Anybody has config the forum with Cruge extensión? Which is, in that case, the "userClass". Thanks.

I have never used Cruge myself, but a quick look at the code makes me suspect you will need to configure BBii as follows:

'modules'=>array(

'forum'=>array(

'class'=>'application.modules.bbii.BbiiModule',

'adminId'=>1,

'userClass'=>'CrugeStoredUser',

'userIdColumn'=>'iduser',

'userNameColumn'=>'username',

),

),

Hello Ronald,

Whats the purpose of BbiiLogTopic model?

I see its used alot in your code and seems to have multiple uses there!

Am trying to understand the code!