Embeded Media

We have an intranet site that was build using Yii framework. I am trying to modify one of the pages and I just want to embed either a PowerPoint presentation, PDF or SWF video. But nothing is working. I’ve tried the code in plain html and it works, but when I put that code into our website it doesn’t work. Does anyone has a tip or know how to do this?

These are the code samples I’ve tried.

<embed src="pp.swf" quality="high" pluginspage="link" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="690" height="430">

<object width="300" height="300">

<param name="movie" value="flashmovie.swf">

<embed src="flashmovie.swf" width="300" height="300">

</embed>

</object>

HI and welcome to the Yii forum

Where exactly did you put this code in your application?

Hi,

The application has several pages, so I put the code directly in the page where I want to have the power point/pdf. It doesn’t give me any errors, and it actually creates the space for the media. When I refresh the page I can see the space if I adjust the size, but is blank.

Speaking in Yii terms you need to put that code in the view file, but as you say that the space gets there I guess that part is fine… so first thing to check is "view source" to see the generated page HTML and check if that code is allright…

I fix it. Turns out I have to use “echo” command within <?php ?> tags and place my html code in there. That made it work. I don’t know why, I have other tables not using echo and they work. Anyways. I hope this helps someone someday.

thank you for your help.