I was checking existing console implementations this week. Below I’ll try to sum up pros and cons of using Symfony Console vs creating our own.
Our own implementation
- Simpler. Not that much simpler but still simpler.
- Can control the code.
- Uses type-hints in interfaces.
- Will take time before it’s perfected.
- No need to implement it.
- Doesn’t have too many dependencies.
- Is OK to work with from my experience.
- Can focus on actual commands.
What way would you prefer?
- Our own implementation
- Symfony Console
If you know any additional cons and pros, please voice them.