Comparing Yii on Google Trends with other frameworks

You are right the the best developers do not care about a specific framework.

Unfortunately these are the top 1 to 5%.

The other constraint that I mentioned is the migration path from one version to another.

Kind regards

Mario

Well, migration to Symfony is definitely harder than migration to Yii 2. Yii 2 shares core concepts with 1.1. Symfony does not.

1 Like

Hello dear friends, I am very satisfied with Yii2. I also designed the office news website with Yii2. But I just want to know why Laravel is so much higher than Yii2 in terms of Google trends and why when I am looking for a teammate for Yii2 all peoples are laraveler? And they have no information about Yii2. The website of the West Azerbaijan Municipality Cooperation Organization(http://hmyr.ir/) has been launched with Yii2 for two years now and I am very satisfied, but I can not find a teammate. I want to know the opinion of your Excellency and other members in this regard, thank you

Because it’s more hyped and better marketed. Also because company behind Laravel is US-based. Then Laravel constantly adds something new to stable version while Yii 2 does not (we’re focused on Yii 3 right now).

It depends on where you look. At this forum, chats and, actually, in many counries, it’s the other way around. Also, you can get good Laravel-er on board. He/she will adapt quickly (if he/she is a good developer overall).

1 Like