Yii2 Rc Installation Problem

Hello,

Im trying all day to install new Yii2 RC but Composer gives me this error:

Could not fetch api.github.com/repos/RobinHerbots/jquery.inputmask/contents/bower.json?ref=1e42949fd544abcc69027a7b52f55118df90360d, enter your GitHub credentials to go over the API rate limit

I have tryed to install Yii2 RC by this guide:

yiiframework.com/download/

Terminal log:

composer create-project yiisoft/yii2-app-advanced advanced 2.0.0-rc

Installing yiisoft/yii2-app-advanced (2.0.0-rc)

- Installing yiisoft/yii2-app-advanced (2.0.0-rc)

Downloading: 100%         

Created project in advanced

Loading composer repositories with package information

Installing dependencies (including require-dev)

Reading bower.json of bower-asset/jquery.inputmask (3.1.23)

Could not fetch api.github.com/repos/RobinHerbots/jquery.inputmask/contents/bower.json?ref=1e42949fd544abcc69027a7b52f55118df90360d, enter your GitHub credentials to go over the API rate limit

The credentials will be swapped for an OAuth token stored in /Users/jpulik/.composer/auth.json, your password will not be stored

To revoke access to this token you can visit github.com/settings/applications

Username: 

Please help if you can. Thank you.

Got this as well.

The easiest way to fix it is to just enter your github credentials. Github will give you a very high rate limit if you provide credentials.

Once you give the credentials, github sends back an OAuth token so you don’t have to reenter your credentials every time.

Yes, it seems that I will have to create GitHub account :).

Thanks for your reply.

I am having similar issues. Following the guide at this page, I type these commands

composer global require "fxp/composer-asset-plugin:1.0.0-beta2" <= works

composer create-project --prefer-dist yiisoft/yii2-app-basic basic <== doesn’t work

php5.5-cli ~/www/frameworks/phar/composer.phar create-project --prefer-dist  yiisoft/yii2-app-basic dev

[InvalidArgumentException]                                            

Could not find package yiisoft/yii2-app-basic with stability stable

How do I get the basic app installed?

–dev

‘dev’ is the name of the directory I want to put the content into. I will try to use the command line you used and sign up for a github account. Otherwise, I may just downloaded the archive.