Yii2Panel was designed to make boards that display different panels from different modules/extensions with access rights control.
Meeting better as expected, as the Yii2Panel can be used for displaying panel from any other module/extension with access control.
Another benefit is that the panels to be displayed are assigned to a module configuration that allows different panels to be used in the module for different projects.
Simply dashboard solution. Each dashboard panel define as panel controller action identically as Yii page:
- panel controller in behaviors can control access - panel display only for users, who has access;
- panel controller controller action for creating HTML or response;
- create view folder in same folder, where all module controller views;
- for displaying add PanelWidget like anchor in view file;
- in module config for PanelWidget set one or more panels as Yii routes with parameters to panel controller;
- PanelWidget get panel list from module configuration
- PanelWidget call panel controller action with parameters
- Panel controller validate access. If no access, return empty string
- panel controller action create response HTML
- PanelWidget output response HTML