Yii + Wordpress (an idea)

Hi all, I found this info on how to make Codeigniter and Wordpress work, so I thought it might be similar for yii… Maybe one of you could figure this out, I dont know myself… I’m not allowed to post links just yet, so I’ll share my search terms

This is an example .htaccess file

RewriteEngine on

RedirectMatch temp ^/blog/wp-admin$ link.to.blog

RewriteRule blog$ /blog/ [L]

RewriteRule blog/wp-admin$ /blog/wp-admin/ [L]

RewriteRule ^$ app/webroot/ [L]

RewriteRule (.*) app/webroot/$1 [L]

I’ll keep digging for more ideas… CakePhp has articles on it as well I’ve seen…

Making Yii work with Wp is easier than doing it with CI.

When i am saying this, i am thinking just at the way CI instantiates the classes, basically making you be dependent on the CI super-object and of course, you cannot use the default session class of CI with WP, because CI one is something custom, not using the $_SESSION array.

Now depends on the level you want to join the two application, maybe you can tell us?

But you can, however install wp in the root of the website where Yii resides, then create a bridge between, so that you can access the wp via that bridge and Yii also via same bridge.

Do you think you could supply an example on how you’d integrate the two? I am actually facing that situation right now as the site I am working on needs a blog, and I’d love to be able to use wordpress rather than inventing a new module from scratch…

check the wiki how to

Do you have a link by any chance…?

Here the wiki.

Does anyone know how to translate those IIS rewrite rules into Apache? Maybe just an explanation would help. What is each line doing?

Sorry, I don’t understand IIS configuration. But I appreciate the wiki article.

The ideal way would be simple install some wordpress plugin, and make both work together—

Bridge plugin for Wordpress, which can be download from wpDOT69digitalDOTcom