Yii - Update field

Hello everyone,

I am new to using the Yii framework, I have a model that corresponds to a table in the database and I need a form to edit only one field of that table, this table is made up of two primary keys.

For example, I have a table with 3 attributes, ID, ID2, and Name (Both ID and ID2 are primary keys). When I enter a user profile, I want it to fetch both ID’s and only change the name field, What do I need to do?

I’ve already tried to create a form in the views where I want it to appear, and a function in the model that fetches the ID’s from the user I’m searching, I can see the ‘Name’ field of that user, but I can not edit it.

Thank you all for your time. :D

Can you show us the code you wrote so far?

Hi, thanks for the reply, in the view:

<div class="form-group">

<?= Html::submitButton($model->isNewRecord ? 'Create' : 'Update', ['class' => $model->isNewRecord ? 'btn btn-success' : 'btn btn-primary']) ?>

</div>

In the model,something like that

public function actionUpdate($id1, $id2) {

$model = $this->loadModel($id1, 'notas');

if (isset($_POST['Notas'])) {

$model->setAttributes($_POST['Notas']);

if ($model->save()) {

$this->redirect(array('view', 'id1' => $model->id1,'id2' => $model->id2 ));

}

}

$this->render('update', array(

'model' => $model,

));

}

$model = $this->loadModel($id1, 'notas');

Why do you use only one field to load the model?

I tried another solution, through a query, how do I have a form to update that field?

public static function updateField($ID1, $Notes){

Yii::$app->db->createCommand("UPDATE Table SET Notes= '$Notas' WHERE ID1= '$ID1'")

->execute();

}

I tried a form like this in the view and nothing happened

<?php $form = ActiveForm::begin(); ?>

<?= $form->field($model, 'ID1')->Input(['readOnly' => true]) ?>

<?= $form->field($model, 'Notas')->textInput(['maxlength' => true]) ?>

<?= Html::submitButton($model->isNewRecord ? 'Create' : 'Adicionar', ['class' => $model->isNewRecord ? 'btn btn-success' : 'btn btn-primary']) ?>

<?php ActiveForm::end(); ?>