Yii Performance Issue in mac os x

Hello,

I’ve been developing using Yii framework for a while now and I’ve reached some performance issues. I’m a mac os user.

The thing is that when developing locally, the performance is awful. I’ve tried benchmarking mysql (the rdbm I use) and the system, but I’m not able to find a clue on this.

Anyone has had this problem?

Any help will be appreciated. Thanks!

Its more than likely your browser. For example, I use Firefox with Firebug and its a total pig compared to a clean Chrome.

Hi there

I use MAMP 1.8.3 (the free version) with Apache/2.0.64, PHP/5.3.5, and MySQL 5.5.9 on Mac OS X 10.6.8 and it’s working perfectly with Safari, Firefox and Chrome.

However, I’ve never run it in production mode nor did load testing.

What’s your config? Are you in Yii’s debug mode? Have you checked your Apache log files?

Cheers :)

Thank you for both responses.

The browser was my first show, but the behavior is the same. Nothing weird in the Apache log files. Yii is in debug mode, but it has the same performance if I turn debug off.

I will have a look into mysql… it’s the only thing that can be making such impact on the webapp.

I dev on Mac OS X Lion and have experienced no such issues except when using a remote MySQL database. Is your database local or remotely hosted?

It’s local… I’m starting to think that I need to make a clean install of my system :)

Thank you for your response.

Perhaps you just have a bad query somewhere or a missing index in your database which is causing a full table scan. I’ve seen an application brought to its knees with something so simple.

Hi,

Perhaps you just have a bad query Just need to make a clean install of system

Backslider and shailesh,

got it! thanks a lot!