Yii on Pagoda Box

Hi,

After searching for cloud based candidates I stumbled upon Pagoda box and was curious about what you guys think. Any experience hosting Yii on Pagoda? The pricing seems reasonable and it enables you to use memcached and redis directly without the need to create your own AWS based memcached/redis instances. That’s what you would have to do using PHPFog. Heroku seems to be another option these days but PHP support isn’t official yet (although a lot of people are using it to create FB apps)

Thanks and greetings,

Hannes

I haven’t used it, but here is some info about pagoda box and yii: http://www.yiiframework.com/wiki/316/deploy-yii-on-pagoda-box

Hi,

I know that one, but this is just a how-to tutorial. I would like to hear about any experiences with the service itself. Is it reliable? What’s the performance like? Does anybody use it in production etc.

Thanks,

Hannes

Hi,

“Up” to this question :)

Has anyone tried Pagoda Box and can share the experiences?

Thank you!

I am trying Pagoda Box right now but I’m having a bit hard time understanding how I should run Migration scripts.

Here’s my Boxfile

web1:

before_deploy:

- "app/protected/yiic migrate"

But it gives me this error (console.php exists and is located in the path that the errors are pointing to…)

:: Running Before Deploy Hooks

[ EXECUTING 1 HOOKS ]

:: HOOK 1 ::

::  app/protected/yiic migrate

---------------------------------------- OUTPUT: 

- PHP Warning:  Module 'dom' already loaded in Unknown on line 0

- PHP Warning:  Module 'PDO' already loaded in Unknown on line 0

- PHP Warning:  Module 'pdo_sqlite' already loaded in Unknown on line 0

- PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/lib/php-5.3.8/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20090626/freetype.so' - /usr/lib/php-5.3.8/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20090626/freetype.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0

- PHP Warning:  require(/var/www/app/protected/config/console.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/framework/base/CApplication.php on line 127

- 

- Warning: require(/var/www/app/protected/config/console.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/framework/base/CApplication.php on line 127

- PHP Fatal error:  require(): Failed opening required '/var/www/app/protected/config/console.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php-5.3.8/php') in /var/www/framework/base/CApplication.php on line 127

- 

- Fatal error: require(): Failed opening required '/var/www/app/protected/config/console.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php-5.3.8/php') in /var/www/framework/base/CApplication.php on line 127

------------------------------------------------

HOOKS COMPLETE - 1 Hooks Executed

try this:

http://www.yiiframework.com/forum/index.php/topic/46667-yii-on-pagoda-box/