Yii/MongoDB developers needed in NYC

Newlio is looking for LAMP/LAMoP Developers to become part of our product development team. Our company is the first Social Engagement exchange, where consumers share what they THINK in exchange for exclusive access to the new products, services and content they WANT.

We are looking for experienced developers with backgrounds in PHP, mobile apps and relational and NoSQL databases. We are currently looking for software developers for our New York City office.

[b]

What you’ll do:[/b]

• Develop and maintain our web applications using PHP, MySQL and MongoDB

• Develop and maintain our mobile apps for iPhone and Android

• Work in an agile environment and help us to become even more agile

What you’ve done:

• Worked on commercial LAMP and LAMoP projects for at least 2 years

• Worked on applications that have seen significant traffic growth

• Worked with the Yii Framework

• Worked with relational databases

• Worked with NoSQL databases

What you know:

• How to build web applications with AJAX/RIA features

• What OOP and MVC mean

• How to use version control systems such as Subversion and Git

• How to design a relational database schema (not just writing SQL)

• How not to design a relational schema for a NoSQL database

• How to develop in a Linux-oriented environment and how to scale applications in a cloud

• What automated unit tests and continuous integration are

Compensation will be competitive and based on your experience and knowledge.

These positions are on-site in our New York City offices. We’re not looking for telecommuters, remote workers, web development shops, or offshore resources.

To apply, send us your resume along with a cover letter to techjobs@newlio.com describing how your background fits the work we want you to do, and if you’re not a perfect match for the criteria we’ve listed, why we should talk to you anyway. Resumes without a cover letter will receive a lot less love.

Wow, this is exactly the area that I am focused in. I am a Computer Science Master’s post-graduate and have difficulty getting a job in my country, Barbados.

Hello, do you support work visa & relocation from Russia if my candidacy would be ok for you?