Is anyone working on a Yii extension for RESPONSIVE filemanager (http://responsivefilemanager.com) to use as a plugin for TinyMCE 4?
Thank for posting link - quite interesting project.
I am also interested in a simple file manager with a good design, without useless extra functionality (like in elfinder). And I am planning to do it sometime, but I still do not had time to do it.
First seeing this project, I thought - wow ! someone did it.
But after seeing a license, I was a little upset - because I was primarily interested in its commercial use. But I thought, not a problem - just need to talk with an author, or buy a license. And went to take a look at the code, on the subject of how good it is and how it can be used for my needs.
After I seen this code - I have no doubts, I will not use it.
In few words - it is just horrible:
-
PHP code is mixed together with js and html, there is no separation of concepts.
-
they are not using benefits of OOP in php - most of code is done in procedural way.
-
in PhpStorm, I have seen lots of warning, and few errors in code(found just by simple static code analysis).
-
there is some typical mistakes in javascript code(it is not critical errors, but they can cause a lot of problems in future).
-
with high probability - there is a lot of security issues.
In general - good idea, nice design, but entirely poor implementation. It needs to be almost completely rewritten…
It can not be easily packed into extension(like appropriate ElFinder extension that I have done before).
BTW, of course you can use it as standalone application (as described in documentation for it), also it is not a problem to add appropriate configuration options to tinymce widget(at least in my extension for it).
Personally I will not use this, and highly recommend do not use this. Much better - use elFinder.
Working on a very simple filemanager extension with jsTree (actually for learning purposes), its in alpha stadium -
don’t use it in production!
All it can do now is display a file tree in a given path.
And there are no security measures taken, whatsoever.
Code is pretty messy ![]()
Theres still some to do. (Implementing all the contextmenus methods, etc.)
If you’d like to chip in:
go to github and search DCFileManager (By DC-Development)
Next steps are described in the issues-view on github.
Greez
Phil