Yii e-shop,worth the time coding one....

Coding a full featured forum from scratch with Yii demands lots of time and work,so it’s better to use a third party solution (like this forum does).I was wondering if the same applies to an e-shop.Sure it can be done,(I have seen the yii-shop extension),but again,can it match the features of strickly e-shop oriented solution,like Magento ,for example?I would appreciate your thoughts on this matter…Thanks in advance…

There are far too many open source carts available that, IMHO, it would be silly to write your own.

If you go with a good one, all you should need to write is the glue.

Magento, Zen, and OpenCart come to mind…

Yeah ,I am thinking the same way.What do you mean glue?What is there to glue together,besides some links that connect your Yii application to the e-shop?

Glue = designing your own template (CSS, images) and setting up functionality (SEO URLs, administration, statistocs, payments methods, delivery conditions…).

I agree, even though Yii is effective for any development, it is always better to try first already existing solutions - e.g. Oxid eSales, PrestaShop, OpenCart, …

I use the term configuraion/customization for your definition of glue.There’s actually nothing to glue between a Yii application and a third party e-shop solution,they are two diferent things, and no data is passed from one to another…

Thank you both for taking the time to share your thoughts.