Yii Booster Overides My Layouts

Hi!

I just wanted to edit my page layout etc, learned how to use BluePrint framework and found out, that extension YiiBooster I am using somehow overrode styles on page. What I want to do, is to keep styles for YiiBooster components, but for my page layout I want to use my own layout by using BluePrint.

It all now works in a way I do not understand. For example if I delete

<!-- blueprint CSS framework -->

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="<?php echo Yii::app()->request->baseUrl; ?>/css/screen.css" media="screen, projection" />

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="<?php echo Yii::app()->request->baseUrl; ?>/css/print.css" media="print" />

<!--[if lt IE 8]>

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="<?php echo Yii::app()->request->baseUrl; ?>/css/ie.css" media="screen, projection" />

<![endif]-->

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="<?php echo Yii::app()->request->baseUrl; ?>/css/main.css" />

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="<?php echo Yii::app()->request->baseUrl; ?>/css/form.css" />

from layouts/main.php, it completely ruins page looking, but if I make any changes to main.css, nothing happens. For example I want to edit container width but nothing helps. Page is now wider than it was before using Booster.

Thank oyu for any help!

That’s basically what YiiBooster is designed to do: to make you use Bootstrap.

The easy option is of course to use Bootstrap for the rest of your site as well.

Any reason why you don’t want to do that?

The grid in Bootstrap is actually better than Blueprint (it’s quite old).

Well the reason is that I do not know how to use bootstrap layout. If I delete code mentioned above, everything except bootstrap components is displayed in plain text. I did not find anything about editing page layout on booster page. Do you know about any site, etc which could help?

There are literally millions of examples of sites made using Bootstrap. :)

Start here:

http://twitter.github.com/bootstrap/

However, the YiiBooster site is comprehensive.

ok thanks… this might be a stupid question, but am I supposed to copy bootstrap.css to my css directory and tart using it by adding

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="<?php echo Yii::app()->request->baseUrl; ?>/css/bootstrap.css" media="screen, projection" />

to my layout page? I jus can not find any exact info about how to use it…

YiiBooster does all that for you. :)

Ah Ok, you are right… I am getting into it and it is not that difficult… It still quite a mistery, why i have to edit bootstrap.css in assets folder:-)

I am having a similar problem, so I decided not to make a new thread but use this one.

I am using booster in 1 controller for some features I need and it changes the css of my layout

controller action without booster:

controller without booster.jpg

and I can’t say that I like the changes it does

controller action with booster:

controller with booster.jpg

Can anyone advice me how to set booster so it doesn’t mess with my layout css?

I’m guessing it’s one of these options

http://yiibooster.clevertech.biz/basicFeatures/pages/view/booster.html

But I’m not sure which one

EDIT

Tried them all, the only one which turned them off, ‘yiiCss’=>false, also ruins all the widgets I am using so that won’t do. Any ideas other than fighting to fix everything by making separate stronger CSS rules?