Yii and aMember integration

Does anyone have an experience integrating aMember with the Yii framework? I’m not sure how I should go about integrating my Yii app with amemeber. If I should use Yii’s built in login/Users table with a foreign key to amember’s User table, or use amember and add any custom user fields to amember?

This is my first time using the Yii framework and a membership site and I’m a little confused about how to use Yii and aMember together. Yii already has a built-in Users form that allows people to login. I’m not sure if I should use this and hook it into aMembers user table, or make use of aMember’s user table. I will also have additional fields associated for a user, such as their website URL. I’m not sure if I should use my own User table with a foreign key to the amembers.user table or make these fields additional fields to the amembers.user table?

I have aMember installed to mysite.com/members/ (I renamed it amember to members). When a member goes to mysite.com/members/ they will be prompted to login to my members area, if or when they are logged in /members/ will be a dashboard type page.

I stubbed out my website to the following pages:

mysite.com/members/ - Welcome/Dashboard type page.

mysite.com/members/billing/ - This will be the amember member pages for a member.

mysite.com/members/setup/ - This would be where a user enters information specific to my web app, ie. a URL, username, pasword for the URL.

mysite.com/members/listings/ - This is a custom page using Yii to display a list of items for a member.

mysite.com/members/calendar/ - This will display a member’s items in a calendar.

mysite.com/members/help/ - This page will serve help documentation, videos, FAQ, and submit tickets using amember’s helpdesk plugin.

As mentioned above I have amember installed to mysite.com/members/ which I think should be moved to mysite.com/members/billing (renaming amember folder to billing). If I do it this way, I should be able to use amember to protect mysite.com/members/ even though it’s not installed to that directory? Once logged in, how easy will it be to use amember to access the members/ pages listed above?

I am much more comfortable rolling my own application, but the purpose of me using Yii and amember is to make development easier by using what’s already available. What’s the easiest way to go about integrating Yii and aMember?