Widget CSS

After reading the guide and looking at the API, I'm still not exactly clear how to have a widget load it's own CSS file.

I see CClientScript has some 'register' functions, then I would call render() in some fashion?

I don’t get it ;)

Here's what I have.  The CSS file does not get loaded into the head.  I need some call in the view, right? But what it is?  I pieced this together from the guide's 'Creating Extensions' section:

I can see the CSS file placed into an Assets directory, so that part is working.

Might it be that

should be:

?

Ah, good catch, I corrected that.

I still don't see the CSS though.

Here's what works:

Maybe there's a better way.

Did you read the “Creating Extensions” section of the guide? I think it describes exactly what you want. E.g. you could use CWebApplication::assetManager to publish any CSS file that is bundled with your widget.

I read it and did manage to get the asset published but couldn't get the CSS to load.  Would you happen to have a working example with minimal code I could look at?  I also looked at the components/widgets included with the framework but couldn't get my own version to work.

I would like to get it done in the most Yii-ish way to avoid problems when deploying :)

Your example above should work. Lets put it together again (with some cleanup ;)):

<?php

class detailBar extends CWidget

{

public $cssFile;

public function run()

{

$cs=Yii::app()->getClientScript();

if($this->cssFile===null) {

// detailBar.css must be in the same directory as detailBar.php

$file=dirname(__FILE__).DIRECTORY_SEPARATOR.'detailBar.css';

$this->cssFile=Yii::app()->getAssetManager()->publish($file);

}

$cs->registerCssFile($this->cssFile);

$this->render('detailBar');

}   

}

Also make sure that in your Action that renders the view which uses your widget you call render() not renderPartial().

Works perfectly.  Thanks Mike  ;D