In the sample application created using yiic, yii has two users demo/demo and admin/admin, where does yii stored the user information? what if i wish to add more users and I would want to add it to the database myDB of table myUser, which contains two fields, user name and password?
* UserIdentity represents the data needed to identity a user.
* It contains the authentication method that checks if the provided
* data can identity the user.
class UserIdentity extends CUserIdentity
* Authenticates a user.
* The example implementation makes sure if the username and password
* are both 'demo'.
* In practical applications, this should be changed to authenticate
* against some persistent user identity storage (e.g. database).
* @return boolean whether authentication succeeds.
public function authenticate()
// username => password
In this way user/pass have saved within an array, for real applications you have to deal with database or other resource.