What is your experience with MySQL workbench?

to SapporoGuy

Hm, I use something like Model->Create diagram from catalog objects.

Anyway, you should be able to create diagram automatically from existent tables.

I’ve tried it and think it is “ok”. I much prefer phpMyAdmin though.

why would anyone need more then what the lovely Yii based project chive gives?:P

I use migrations and PhpMyAdmin - it’s more than enough for me. :)

My experience with MySQL Workbench is the same of majority: very unstable! I only use it to update the database ERD diagrams using reverse engineering. However, before change the width or height of the diagram I need to save it and do a pray because I have 80% of probabilities than when I press the Ok button the application crashes!

Leandro

It’s true…

For daily work, I’m using Navicat 9 for Mysql Lite. It’s free.

It’s difficult find it for download, if someone want, i can upload mine to 4shared or rapidshare.

It has one version for postgresql too.

And I have here a free version Navicat 9 Lite (mysql, postgresql, oracle, MSSqlserver and sqlite) ALL 5 DBs.

For Manage Mysql Databases, We have to use mysqlworkbench, it’s the best GUI tool for that.

***excuse for my poor english, I’m from brazil.

I use Workbench for several years and I feel really comfortable with it now, especially with the latest version.

I use it extensively for database modeling and sync, and lately it’s pretty much stable…

I only use it for creating EER diagrams and I like it for that. I’ve used it for DB with about 100 tables and it still gave a good overview. If you used some colors and groups, it’s perfect for this purpose.

Same here. The original version of DBDesigner was created by a developer from Brazil and had many user interface related problems that caused the application to crash. Oracle has since replaced the user interface library and meticulously eliminated the bugs. I find the existing product to be very stable and use it on a daily basis for EER work.

I do not use the database management features. I currently load phpMyAdmin as a admin-only Yii module for database management and query testing (phpMyAdmin embedded in an iFrame).

Many UML applications offer EER support but most are commercial products. DBDesigner was patterned after the EER module in IBM Rational Rose and there may be a free Lite version available for product testing.

You have to disable automated file save from the preferences for the designer.

I am using MySQL workbench on my work, it works fine but it crashes sometimes maybe because of my computer. But I’m just using it for updating and checking the data. If there’s someone like what I’m just doing, I’d suggest MySQL Query Browser, because it runs smoothly.