What about API centric apps?

Guys,

Now I am doing an API centric app, I am using Yii2 to create the API but I don’t understad the need to have folders like vendor/bower-asset/jquery, because I don’t need to use assets, forms, widgets, jquery, etc. Is there any way to avoid this?

BTW, I would like to see for Yii2 similar tools as Loopback or Strapi have. The APIs have a great projection.

Thx.

Zorobabel, yes. jQuery could be avoided by using "provide" in composer.json.

We plan making core smaller in the next major versions. Also we’ve checked Loopback and think it’s a good idea to have something alike.

Great, sorry but could you give some example of this?

Great!

Good news, we need to celebrate! LoL

@samdark, thanks for your help.

"provide": {

"bower-asset/jquery": "2.1.*@stable | 1.11.*@stable",

"bower-asset/jquery.inputmask": "3.1.*",

"bower-asset/punycode": "1.3.*",

"bower-asset/yii2-pjax": ">=2.0.1"

},

@samdark, thanks for your help, as always your are a great teacher ;)

There is also deployd. I like the idea to use it as a fake api. it is very easy to use. it allows me to concentrate on frontend only (so I don’t end up writing a javascript console.log inside an ActiveRecord class). you can easily alter your resources structure, add fake data… when frontend is done and my resources structure is clear I go to design database and replace deployd by a Yii app. restructuring the app based on resources as a first step instead of altering database and models is much easier when doing REST.

@salem, thanks for the hint, I’ll check it too!