This forum is about Questions and Discussions around the Yii Framework and PHP in general.
Here are some guidelines to follow when posting in the forum:
check all the forum sections to decide where your question should be posted
- use the #yii-2-0 section for discussions and questions about Yii 2.0
- use the #yii-1-1-x section for discussions and questions about Yii 1.1
- for general topics, which are not related to a specific Yii version, we have the #general category
- the language for posting in the above forums is English, if you want to post in your native language, you may find the right place to post in #yii-international
do not make duplicate posts on same or different forum sections, use the search to figure out whether a question has been asked before.
To get your problems solved effectively and promptly, we suggest you:
- Describe clearly the problematic phenomenon.
- Include information about your server/client environment in which you encounter the problem, such as Yii version, operating system, Web server, Web browser, etc.
- Include code snippet reproducing the problem and try to make it as simple as possible to isolate the problem. People may simply be scared away at seeing hundreds of lines of code. (i.e. do not copy/paste whole controller, model or view files)
- when posting code use the code button (
</>on the editor toolbar) for better code readability
Please note that the following restrictions are enforced in order to reduce the spam activities in this forum (sorry for the inconvenience):
Users at trust level 0 cannot:
- Send personal messages to other users
- Post more than 1 image
- Post any attachments
- Post more than 2 hyperlinks in a post
- Mention more than 2 users in a post
- Post more than 3 topics
- Post more than 10 replies
If you participate in the community for some time, these restrictions will be removed. See the following blog post for more details on this:
If you have any questions or feedback on the way the forum works, feel free to create a topic in #site-feedback.