urlManager and routing

Hi there!

I am new to Yii framework at all. Recently I was using Kohana framework and now I want to master Yii2. What is giving me a headache is routing in Yii. I am using basic application template and here is my problem:

'urlManager' => [

'enablePrettyUrl' => true,

'showScriptName' => false,          

'rules' => [

'' => 'site',

],

],

So I configured urlManager like this. In Kohana it would mean, that only empty request is allowable. For example, ‘mydomain.com’. My controller Site has action Index set as defaultAction. But I can still access it with requests via ‘index.php’ i.e. “mydomain.com/index.php”, “mydomain.com/index.php?r=site/index”, “mydomain.com/site/index” etc. I solved the ‘controller/action’ availability by enabling strict parsing. But with ‘index.php’ case I was adviced on to add following lines to .htaccess RewriteEngine rules:

RewriteCond %{THE_REQUEST} index\.php

RewriteRule ^ / [L,R=404]

Is this proper way to solve this? Right now my .htaccess looks like this:

RewriteEngine on

RewriteCond %{THE_REQUEST} index\.php

RewriteRule ^ / [L,R=404]

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d

RewriteRule . index.php

Is this fine? It works as I want it to, but I am curious about another ways to hanlde it (maybe Yii2 has some proper ways). And another question - in case I want to restrict from direct access (via client ‘controller/action’ requests) only few actions (enableStrictParsing = false) what should I do? Use rules like that:

'controller/restricted-action' => 'error/404'

?