Update Form Using Ajax

Hey there came with new issue. I have a form with ajax drop downs. while creating it works well but whenever i update the same the dropdowns are became empty (the following given image). What shoul be the problem ?

and even that the list is not completed …Pls help :-X

Ps. Any1 hav link pls forward it.

Thank u

JB

problem.png

It’'s model validation rules issue

Please read this I hope it may be some help.

Ok this is my _form.php

<?php

/* @var $this IssueController */

/* @var $model Issue */

/* @var $form CActiveForm */

?>

<?php $form=$this->beginWidget('CActiveForm', array(

'id'=>'issue-form',

'enableAjaxValidation'=>FALSE,

)); ?>

<?php echo $form->errorSummary($model); ?>

<?php echo $form->labelEx($model,'Title',array('class'=>'control-label')); ?>

<?php echo $form->textField($model,'Title',array('size'=>25,'maxlength'=>25)); ?>

<?php echo $form->error($model,'Title'); ?>

<?php echo $form->labelEx($model,'ProjectId',array('class'=>'control-label')); ?>

<?php echo $form->DropDownList($model, 'ProjectId',CHtml::listData(Project::model()->findAll(), 'Id', 'Name'),

array(

'ajax' => array(

'type'=>'POST', //request type

'update'=>'#Issue_ProjectVersionId', //selector to be updated-drowdown to update

'data'=>array('ProjectId'=>'js:this.value','YII_CSRF_TOKEN' => Yii::app()->request->csrfToken), //'data'=>'js:javascript st

//atement' any other data like CSRF tocken to be passed 

//if commentd all things will be passed 

'url'=>CController::createUrl('ProjectVersion'), //url to call.i.e controller's-action to 

),

'empty'=>'Select Project'

));?>

<?php echo $form->error($model,'ProjectId'); ?>

<?php echo $form->labelEx($model,'ProjectVersion',array('class'=>'control-label')); ?>

<?php echo $form->DropDownList($model, 'ProjectVersionId', array('value'=>isset($model->projectVersion->VersionName) ? $model->projectVersion->VersionName : "Select Version")); ?>

<?php echo $form->error($model,'ProjectVersion'); ?>

<?php echo $form->labelEx($model,'BrowserId',array('class'=>'control-label')); ?>

<?php echo $form->dropDownList($model,'BrowserId' , CHtml::listData(Browser::model()->findAll(), 'Id', 'Name'),

array('ajax' => array(

'type'=>'POST', //request type

'update'=>'#Issue_BrowserVersionId', //selector to be updated-drowdown to update

'data'=>array('BrowserId'=>'js:this.value','YII_CSRF_TOKEN' => Yii::app()->request->csrfToken), //'data'=>'js:javascript st

//atement' any other data like CSRF tocken to be passed 

//if commentd all things will be passed 

'url'=>CController::createUrl('BrowserVersion'), //url to call.i.e controller's-action to 

),

'empty'=>'Select Browser'

)); ?>

<?php echo $form->error($model,'BrowserId'); ?>

<?php echo $form->labelEx($model,'BrowserVersionId',array('class'=>'control-label')); ?>

<?php echo $form->DropDownList($model, 'BrowserVersionId', array('value'=>isset($model->browserVersion->VersionName) ? $model->browserVersion->VersionName : "Select Version"),array()); ?>

<?php echo $form->error($model,'BrowserVersionId'); ?>

<?php echo $form->labelEx($model,'attachedfiles',array('class'=>'control-label')); ?>

<?php 

$this->widget('CMultiFileUpload', array(

'model'=>$model,

//'name'=>'files',

'attribute'=>'attachedfiles',

'accept'=>'jpg|gif|png',

));?>

<?php echo $form->error($model,'attachedfiles'); ?>

<div class="row buttons" style="margin-left: 160px">

<?php echo CHtml::submitButton($model->isNewRecord ? 'Create' : 'Save',array('class'=>'btn btn-primary')); ?>

<?php echo CHtml::resetButton('Cancel', array('class'=>'btn btn-primary'));?>

</div>

<?php $this->endWidget(); ?>

And The Controllers Actions

public function actionProjectVersion()

{

if ($_POST['ProjectId']!=='')

{

$data=Projectversion::model()->findAll('ProjectId='.($_POST['ProjectId']));

$data=CHtml::listData($data,'Id','VersionName');

foreach($data as $value=>$name)

{

echo CHtml::tag('option',

array('value'=>$value),CHtml::encode($name),true);

}

} else {

echo CHtml::tag('option',array('value'=>''),CHtml::encode('Select Version'),true);

}

}

public function actionBrowserVersion()

{

if ($_POST['BrowserId']!=='')

{

$data=Browserversion::model()->findAll('BrowserId='.($_POST['BrowserId'])); //if u remove data in _form.php then use ($_POST['Issue']['BrowserId']));

$data=CHtml::listData($data,'Id','VersionName');

foreach($data as $value=>$name)

{

echo CHtml::tag('option',

array('value'=>$value),CHtml::encode($name),true);

}

}

else {

echo CHtml::tag('option',array('value'=>''),CHtml::encode('Select Version'),true);

}

}

Create and Update actions are as it is …

:o[size=“6”][font=“Impact”]Still No answer … …[/font][/size] :o :o

You’re creating the drop down list wrong here:

<?php echo $form->DropDownList($model, 'ProjectVersionId', array(

'value'=>isset($model->projectVersion->VersionName)

? $model->projectVersion->VersionName

: "Select Version")); ?>

Look at the API if you’re unsure how to use a method; it has a pretty good search facility.

Check the correct parameters to provide for CActiveForm::dropDownList() here.

First Problem:

The third parameter is supposed to be the array used to populate the drop down list options. This should be an array in the following format:

array(

'value1'=>'Display Name 1',

'value2'=>'Display Name 2',

)

in your case, each value will be a ProjectVersionId and each display name will be the name of that project version.

This is often generated using the CHtml::listData() method.

Second Problem:

The CActiveForm will assign the value automatically, you do not need to do this yourself. If you want to show a prompt, use this form:

$form->dropDownList($model, 'AttrName', $options, array('prompt'=>'Select Version'));

The points above also apply to your browser version drop down list.

I suggest you pay close attention to the API as you try to unpick these problems.

Thank you for taking me to right. n sorry I didn’t get your this point. I mean how it will possible can u pls do the favor.

I tried bt whenever i click on update, it displays "Select Version"(for projectversion)

Done for Updating the existing. But Now the problem is creating new . cos for new the projectId in null.

Thank you my friend i’ve done it. bt i dont knw whether it is right way or not

<?php echo $form->DropDownList($model, 'ProjectVersionId',$model->isNewRecord ? array('prompt'=>'Select Version'):CHtml::listData(Projectversion::model()->findAll('ProjectId='.$model->ProjectId),'Id','VersionName')); ?>

If any, pls draw me to right way …