Update and Install errors ver 2.0.38 basic app

Updating got

Could not scan for classes inside "C:\BitNami\wampstack-7.4.7-0\apache2\yii2up\vendor/codeception/module-yii2/src/" which does not appear to be a file nor a folder

New install got

23 package suggestions were added by new dependencies, use `composer suggest` to see details.
Package codeception/base is abandoned, you should avoid using it. No replacement was suggested.
Package fzaninotto/faker is abandoned, you should avoid using it. No replacement was suggested.
Package phpunit/php-token-stream is abandoned, you should avoid using it. No replacement was suggested.
Package phpunit/phpunit-mock-objects is abandoned, you should avoid using it. No replacement was suggested.
Generating autoload files

[RuntimeException]
  Could not scan for classes inside "C:\BitNami\wampstack-7.4.7-0\apache2\Yii2new\vendor/phpunit/php-timer/src/" which does not appear to be a file nor a folder

Any ideas, never had problems in past?

Edit: I downloaded the whole thing from:

" Installing from an Archive File"

Copied the vendor folder over and worked.

But still composer should update or install??

Do composer self-update.

I did. I always run composer clearcache and composer selfupdate.

Anyway if someone could check it out, I would have been stuck it it wasn’t for the download version.

I know my yii2 app is fine, because it works great with the vendor folder from the download.

By the way it’s the basic app. But it the same vendor folder, right?

Alright. Overall it sounds like a problem with your disk or file system. You should check SMART etc. and make backups. As for immediate solution, remove vendor and do composer install again.

@ samdark

I tested by installing cake and laravel, In cake I needed intl extension, in laravel I needed fileinfo.

After fixing, both cake and laravel installed. Then tried yii again, worked this time, so it probably needed one of the extensions. But no message telling me this.

Still got this however:

Package fzaninotto/faker is abandoned, you should avoid using it. No replacement was suggested.
Package phpunit/php-token-stream is abandoned, you should avoid using it. No replacement was suggested.

Faker will be updated in the new released of the framework. As for installing, I have no idea why it failed for you and how :frowning: