UML Diagrams

Are there any UML diagrams of Yii classes?

When I am building my application, I (want it or not :) ) must relay on number of Yii classes. And soon the UML diagrams becomes “must have” documentation.

Another problem with "diagraming" is that there are not many software available that is capable of reverse engineer Yii classes, and even if there is one, it (almost certainly) could not catch Yii's properties, because they are implemented through magic methods…

So, are there any dagrams of Yii classes (in some stadnart format, XMI let's say) available somewhere? Adn if there are not - can I make this "feature request"…

Thanks in advance!

We do have the api:

http://www.yiiframework.com/doc/api/

Every class page also displays it's children and parent classes near the top of the page.  Nothing too fancy

Yes, I know about the class reference - even more - I think it will be very hard to do whatever you take without it… It is very well formed and I thank you about it…

The problem is that I can't just import this class reference in UML designers like PowerDesigner or Acceleo… I must describe the Yii classes that my ones inherits or use when I design OO model… This is significant overhead… for short, now I use an empty class with just name, but that way I can't validate my model well…

That's why I am asking for a model of the framework, which I can import into the designer I use.

I've pointed XMI as example, because it is easy to be generated and it can be imported in most of the serious UML designers…

After a search in the net, I’ve found a PEAR package (phimx), that renders PHP files and generates XMI.

It has the limitations I've expected - It does not recognizes Yii class properties (which is normal), it does not put classes in packages but in one huge class diagram but for begiining it is some kind of usefull…

I am attaching the generated XMI as its generation was not linear - I had to modify (temporaly) some of the Yii classes, so the parser could read them…

phimx sees the framework like nothing more than a normal php class and can't handle imports, properties, events etc. I've looked in it's source - it is not hard to be modified, but it will be nice if there is a reflection class for Yii that sees Yii classes exactly as they are - with all enhancements over the normal PHP classes…

I think you would have to parse the PHP as if it were being run, so that all they lazy loading and dymanic class creation were taken care of. It'd be a nice feature of PHP* to output an xml file for that as a trace option, say to a tracelog directory. I might put that out to the PHP gang.