Total fresher in PHP frameworks and Yii, I don't understand tutorials

Although it’s too simple, but is still good start for Yii beginner.

I like the way this is written. The information is presented in bite sized chunks that make sense. Since yii is a collection of classes and functions it is sort of its own language or dialect of php. I was hoping to find some tutorial that broke it down that way, to accomplish X put this code here. Not everyone needs that granular level of detail, but I find it helpful.

u have done a great job…now everything almost clear about yii framework…thanks Man…

Feels good that I am not the only one having difficulties to comprehend the tutorials :)

I have some knowledge of PHP and what I am looking for is some quick start guidance to get me going. Your tutorial is comprehensive however it lacks what I am looking for. A quick start guide on how to create for example your first form. If you can add a section to your tutorial, quick start on forms, just to grasp the basics that would be fantastic!

Step 1:

Create myfirstform.php in /testdrive/models/

put this and that code.

Step 2:

Create myfirstform.php in /testdrive/controllers/

put this and that code

Step 3:

Layout, put this and that

the basic first steps can be as simple as a contact form or a dropdown select box with options form the database or something…

BR

W//

http://www.yiiframework.com/forum/index.php/topic/45120-my-first-form/

Rackycz thanks for this write up.

Does anyone know where can I get the "demo" project that is referred to?

Thanks in advance.

Hi i’m trying to develop in yii a business application but i think it’s not so simple how the tutorials think. I’ve follow step by step blog tutorial but i’m blocked on second page because is not complete. There is too many extensions, syntax or guidelines to follow and i’ve lost 2 weeks for nothing. I think i’ll develop my app in pure php: i’ve the full control over the procedures and i can do everything i’m thinking. In Yii i’ve a problem every few lines of codes due to errors, permissions, syntax and so on… For me Yii is a complete waste of time!!!

Yup… it’s true that at the beggining Yii is nightmare, but now after 1 month I can do a lot of things 1000x faster than in pure php. Of course it depends on what You need to do ;)

Wow its good to know that i’m not the only beginner who is lost upon encountering Yii for the first time. In fact i’ve just opened a thread to ask the same question http://www.yiiframework.com/forum/index.php/topic/47352-how-to-insert-data-from-web-servicexmljson-into-mysql-db-using-ar-model-class/.

Thanks for all your effort, really appreciate it.

I have been trying to download the PDF file and not successfull

i am using your guide…still find it confusing maybe because i havent tried the demo version of YII…anyway thank you so much for the guidance. :rolleyes:

why i am not able to post a topic its saying spam but i even didn’t use any link :S weird

@‘rackycz’

can you help me with finding a good yii2 tutorial. i am a new guy