Testdrive Not Working ... Please Help

I started working with yii a few months ago. I made the testdrive application and starting playing with it, reading documentation, and trying to learn yii. I took a few weeks off and decided to come back to it yesterday. I tried to create a new application. I created it using the yiic.php tool. It created all the folders and stuff, but it would just return “Http 500 error” to the browser. I worked with it and tried to fix it, but I couldn’t figure it out. I was so frustrated I backe up my computer, wiped the hard dirve, and reinstalled the operating system.

I just downloaded MAMP and yii and ran the yiic.php tool. It created the correct file structure, but when I opened it with the browser it gave me "Http 500 Error". I am losing hair right now, especially since I had no problem doing this the first time a few months ago.

Anybody have any advice on how to move foward? Thanks in advance.

This would be caused by an Apache configuration issue or a PHP module not installed that Yii is requiring. You will find you answer by looking at you Apache and PHP error logs.

Thanks for the response. It said that yii.php was not included with the require_once() in the index.php. I am an idiot for not checking the logs. Fixed now, thanks for taking the time to answer dubby.