Sqlite cannot find driver Windows

Hello, I downloaded the 1.1.1.r1907.zip version published on March 14th and I am trying to do the tutorials as I am not very experienced. My testing environment is Windows and I am using WAMP for my Apache, PHP and MySQL.

I want to connect to a SQLite (version 3) database that I have created. The problem is that when I use the "sqlite:path/todb" format I get an exception of:

exception ‘CDbException’ with message ‘CDbConnection failed to open the DB connection: could not find driver’ in C:\wamp\www\yii\framework\db\CDbConnection.php …

However, when I set the connection string to the "sqlite2:path/todb" format it works fine.

I have checked through yii requirements and from a different application that my php supports sqlite pdo and I even created a test file with the following code:

print_r(PDO::getAvailableDrivers());

which outputs:

Array

(

[0] => mysql

[1] => sqlite

[2] => sqlite2

)

I have also checked that I am using the correct php executable by typing out the full path when using the yiic shell.

Any assistance will be greatly appreciated because I really do not want to be stuck with SQLite 2 instead of 3.