some questions about this FW

Hello, I’m CakePHP user planning to switch to Yii. Recently found it and after reading some documentation I think it’s quite professional (from the architectural point of view), flexible and fast, compared to Cake  ;)

But I have some questions:

1. First, what bothers me most. As I understand the creators of Yii are the same as creators of Prado FW. What I don't realize is why to program another, second framework in the first place? You will support both projects!?

2. I don't see support for view 'helpers'. Are they called 'widgets' here or am I missing something?

3. Associations. Can we filter associated model data when retrieving associated models? I mean, can we retrieve  ->post with associated comments, filtering them somehow? (CakePHP has nice behaviour for this called "containable")

4. Static pages. Let's say my project has many static pages with own directory structure which need to be simply handled by some "pages" controller… is there a built-in solution for this? Although it's not very hard to write your own pages controller for this task.

5. Does this FW have controller and model callbacks like beforeAction, beforeRender, beforeSave, afterSave, for example? It's quite useful, but not critical feature, of course.

That's all for now, thank you.

Thank you for considering Yii!

1). Because we need to adapt to the development need. We could have named Yii as Prado 4.0 or something similar to Prado, but that would cause more confusion because the rational behind Yii is significantly different from Prado, even though they both share a lot of code base.

2). Yii uses static classes as helpers. The main view 'helper' is CHtml. The concept of widgets is like components in Cakephp.

3). There is CViewAction that you can use in a controller to serve a directory of static pages.

4). Yes.

Looks good. But what about this question:

1. Associations. Can we filter associated model data when retrieving associated models? I mean, can we retrieve  ->post with associated comments, filtering them somehow? (CakePHP has nice behaviour for this called "containable")

Thank you.

oops, you have two 3)s. ;)

Yes, that's called relational AR in Yii.

http://www.yiiframew…de/database.arr

ok I see.

Good documentation, btw.