[SOLVED]how to convert to active record?

hi, i need help, how to convert this to active record ?

$sql = "SELECT CompanyName FROM Wsmembersdetails WHERE MemberShipID =

(SELECT IntroducingMemberID FROM Wsmembers WHERE MemberShipID ='".Yii::app()->user->id."')

AND CompanyID = (SELECT compid FROM Wsmembers WHERE MemberShipID='".Yii::app()->user->id."')";

and it should show the result the query at the view file ?

http://www.yiiframework.com/doc/api/1.1/CActiveRecord#findAllBySql-detail

I did this

(SELECT IntroducingMemberID FROM Wsmembers WHERE MemberShipID =':id')

AND CompanyID = (SELECT compid FROM Wsmembers WHERE MemberShipID='id')";

print_r(Wsmembersdetails::model()->findAllBySql($sql,array(':id'=>Yii::app()->user->id)));

it returns

[code]

Array()

why?

when I echoed out Yii::app()->user->id, it prints the correct userid

isn’t it a typo? ::)

I already corrected before you posted a new reply, but still I get a null, why?

but when I tried that sql query in my sql client manually, it does return the exact value am asking for

this is the exact sql query

SELECT CompanyName FROM wsmembersdetails WHERE MemberShipID = (SELECT IntroducingMemberID FROM wsmembers WHERE MemberShipID ='3') AND CompanyID = (SELECT compid FROM wsmembers WHERE MemberShipID='3');

I just replaced the number 3 with Yii::app()->user->id

Does it work correctly without params binding? Also there is no need in quotes in this statement:

MemberShipID = :id

when i do this

(SELECT IntroducingMemberID FROM Wsmembers WHERE MemberShipID ='".Yii::app()->user->id."')

AND CompanyID = (SELECT compid FROM Wsmembers WHERE MemberShipID='".Yii::app()->user->id."')";

echo "<pre>",print_r(Wsmembersdetails::model()->findAllBySql($sql)),"</pre>";

it prints all the crap out of mysql, but I can see the value am asking for, and suggestions/tips how to fix

this? , all i need is a single value not an array of mysql intestines XD

Hi Sasori,

The problem is that you are using findAllBySql because, as it states on the API, it returns an array. Use findBySql instead and tell us what happens.

http://www.yiiframework.com/doc/api/1.1/CActiveRecord#findBySql-detail

Nevertheless, if you wish a full AR, shouldnt you SELECT all values of that model?

solved, additional table was asked to be added, change of routine