[SOLVED] CActiveForm::dropDownList and MANY_MANY relation

I have a MANY_MANY relation that I try to represent using several dropdown lists. I can create the dropdown lists fine using JavaScript when creating an entry, but I have problem updating it.

I have tried the following code in my _form.php:

// Notice: 'unitEnums' is my MANY_MANY relation

echo $form->dropDownList($model, 'unitEnums', CHtml::listData(UnitEnum::model()->findAll(),'id', 'name'),

array('empty'=>'', 'id'=>'Parameters_unitEnums_0', 'name'=>'Parameters[unitEnums][]'));

Which not suprisingly only gives me one dropdown list.

My second try is a little more successful:

foreach($model->unitEnums as $i => $relatedModel)

{

echo $form->dropDownList($relatedModel, 'unitEnums', CHtml::listData(UnitEnum::model()->findAll(), 'id', 'name')),

array('empty'=>'', 'id'=>"Parameters_unitEnums_$i", 'name'=>'Parameters[unitEnums][]');

}

This creates the correct number of dropdown lists, but there are several problems. The selections are wrong, the htmlOptions are are not applied and the text ‘Array’ is written between every dropdown list as seen in the attachment.

dropdown.png

How can I create and fill all the needed dropdown lists when updating a entry?

Many thanks

Waws

You have some parentheses issues I think. And you need to not use ‘unitEnums’ as the second parameter to your dropDownList call. I’ll assume (and I might be wrong) you want to use the ID of the related model as the value in the dropdown list.

Try:

foreach($model->unitEnums as $i => $relatedModel)

{

echo $form->dropDownList($relatedModel, 'id', 

CHtml::listData(get_class($relatedModel)::model()->findAll(), 'id', 'name'),

array('empty'=>'', 'id'=>"Parameters_unitEnums_$i", 

'name'=>'Parameters[unitEnums][]')

);

}

Many thanks, I will try it on Monday when I get back to work. :)

Your solution did indeed work Preston Brown! :)

The

get_class($relatedModel)::model()->findAll()

part did complain about double colon (T_PAAMAYIM_NEKUDOTAYIM) so I simply replaced it with

UnitEnum::model()->findAll()

as before.