SOLVED - Blog tutorial -- updating the _form.php

Hello again,

Hope you had a nice weekend.

Me? I'm stuck in this part of the blog tutorial.

Maybe you can help me – i will appreciate it very much.

I am following along the blog tutorial (not the video, not the pdf either)

and I get to this part:

====================================================

We first change the _form.php file so that the HTML form only collects the inputs we want: title, content and status. We use plain text fields to collect inputs for the first two attributes, and a dropdown list to collect input for status. The dropdown list options are the text displays of the possible post statuses:

<?php echo CHtml::activeDropDownList($post,'status',Post::model()->statusOptions); ?>

===========================================================

It does NOT state  WHICH line of code we should replace with this code (line number or so).

It does NOT mention which other line/s of code should be taken out completely

Can anyone explain?

Thanks

You should read the blog tutorial by referring to the included blog demo.

The crud command should create _form.php for you. Then, refer to the _form.php file in the blog demo, you should have an idea which are changed.

You should read the blog tutorial by referring to the included blog demo.

The crud command should create _form.php for you. Then, refer to the _form.php file in the blog demo, you should have an idea which are changed.

Hi,

Yes, I did that. In fact, this is the step that is NOT clear (see url):

http://www.yiiframew…log/post.create

As you can see, all it say is:

====================================================

We first change the _form.php file so that the HTML form only collects the inputs we want: title, content and status. We use plain text fields to collect inputs for the first two attributes, and a dropdown list to collect input for status. The dropdown list options are the text displays of the possible post statuses:

<?php echo CHtml::activeDropDownList($post,'status',Post::model()->statusOptions); ?>

==========================================================

There is NO other data.

Please, would you be kind to point in to WHERE it gives more details, or tells you (1) which line to modify, and (2) which line to delete

Please.

Thanks

ooooooooooooh – I get it.

What you are saying is that in the Yii install, there is already a site – a completed Blog demo.

By referring to the pages in THAT demo … I could see which lines where modified.

is that what you meant?

Thats good idea.

My concern is that since it is a completed project, will the pages I should be referring to be "in the SAME stage of the steps that I am following"

By the Way …

please allow me to congratulate you on a very fine software – I am honored to be a user of it. And please don't think I am a difficult person. Sometimes printed words do not reflect the real mood of the writer. I am very happy with Yii and very grateful to you for your generous assistance.

If I ask a lot, it is because I sincerely want to get into it. And perhaps one day, I can work side by side with you and contribute to it. I do not mean any offense, or any disrespect, in any posts of mine.

I do take every reply with great gratitude.

THANKS.

No problem, you are welcome to ask questions here, no matter how many.