Showing Application runtime path "/data/local/depsuxmt4jj/current/protected/runtime" is not valid

I am new to Yii framework, i have uploaded my Yii framework file to cloudcontroll.com, in my localhost Yii working fine but in cloudcontroll.com showing the following error "Application runtime path "/data/local/dcpuuxgt4jf/current/protected/runtime" is not valid. Please make sure it is a directory writable by the Web server process." Please someone help me.

Application runtime path "/data/local/dcpuuxgt4jf/current/protected/runtime" is not valid. Please make sure it is a directory writable by the Web server process.

/data/local/dcpuuxgt4jf/current/framework/base/CApplication.php(267)

255             return $this->_runtimePath;

256         }

257     }

259     /**

260      * Sets the directory that stores runtime files.

261      * @param string $path the directory that stores runtime files.

262      * @throws CException if the directory does not exist or is not writable

263      */

264     public function setRuntimePath($path)

265     {

266         if(($runtimePath=realpath($path))===false || !is_dir($runtimePath) || !is_writable($runtimePath))

267             throw new CException(Yii::t('yii','Application runtime path "{path}" is not valid. Please make sure it is a directory writable by the Web server process.',

268                 array('{path}'=>$path)));

269         $this->_runtimePath=$runtimePath;

270     }

272     /**

273      * Returns the root directory that holds all third-party extensions.

274      * @return string the directory that contains all extensions. Defaults to the 'extensions' directory under 'protected'.

275      */

276     public function getExtensionPath()

277     {

278         return Yii::getPathOfAlias('ext');

279     }

Stack Trace

+  /data/local/dcpuuxgt4jf/current/framework/base/CApplication.php(254): CApplication->setRuntimePath("/data/local/dcpuuxgt4jf/current/protected/runtime")

+  /data/local/dcpuuxgt4jf/current/framework/logging/CFileLogRoute.php(55): CApplication->getRuntimePath()

+  /data/local/dcpuuxgt4jf/current/framework/logging/CLogRouter.php(65): CFileLogRoute->init()

+  /data/local/dcpuuxgt4jf/current/framework/base/CModule.php(372): CLogRouter->init()

+  /data/local/dcpuuxgt4jf/current/framework/base/CModule.php(477): CModule->getComponent("log")

+  /data/local/dcpuuxgt4jf/current/framework/base/CApplication.php(142): CModule->preloadComponents()

+  /data/local/dcpuuxgt4jf/current/framework/YiiBase.php(128): CApplication->__construct("/data/local/dcpuuxgt4jf/current/protected/config/main.php")

+  /data/local/dcpuuxgt4jf/current/framework/YiiBase.php(100): YiiBase::createApplication("CWebApplication", "/data/local/dcpuuxgt4jf/current/protected/config/main.php")

–  /data/local/dcpuuxgt4jf/current/index.php(13): YiiBase::createWebApplication("/data/local/dcpuuxgt4jf/current/protected/config/main.php")

08 defined('YII_DEBUG') or define('YII_DEBUG',true);

09 // specify how many levels of call stack should be shown in each log message

10 defined('YII_TRACE_LEVEL') or define('YII_TRACE_LEVEL',3);

12 require_once($yii);

13 Yii::createWebApplication($config)->run();

2011-08-13 18:19:03 Apache Yii Framework/1.1.8

As the error says… check that the “…/runtime” the folder exists… and if it’s writable by the web process… (same for the assets folder)

I too have the same problem. I am using Apache on Windows XP. Also, I do not see any ‘runtime’ named sub-folder in my Application directory.

Also, please provide me steps for making a directory writable by web server on windows XP. (I tried creating a new user for Apache and set it to log on using the same, but still, I see the same error).

Thanks much in advance.

Raja

on Windows there is no web process… you just need to create the "runtime" folder…